Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+13
relict
Tara
the distant one
woody67
frup
ChelseaT
Anjewel
Psalter
ydekm
Waireka
izzi
____
83T'na
17 posters

Pet peeves - what are yours?

frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Pet peeves - what are yours? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pet peeves - what are yours?

Post  frup Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:56 pm

ChelseaT wrote:People who stand too close in queues.

I'd imagine that this is a good way to get some gropage action.

I forgot to add window washers. If they start washing my windows without my permission I turn on my wipers and start moving my car back and forwards. A few times I have actually got out of my vehicle and yelled at them, but they really pissed me off.
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:04 pm

83T'na wrote:
    ydekm wrote:Oh another thing I dont like..

Religious people preaching or singing about God in public. Makes me embarrased for them.

Not sure WHY exactly.

Embarrassed FOR them? That's extremely good of you.

I dislike it too - it's an intrusion on my personal space. If I want to listen to sermons and song, I'll actually go to church.

In fact, I dislike ANYONE on the street approaching me for a signature or donation. If I want to donate or add my name to a list , I'll do it online.

I especially hate those numb nuts in Westfield malls who come up to you offering hand cream from the Dead Sea. I hate that they are contributing to the continued deterioration of the place (it's drying up) AND get in my face demanding $50 for a miniscule tube of goo I won't use.

BTW - Westfield have said they are not allowed to approach anyone. They are supposed to sit in their booths and wait for you to come to them. Complain to the management office if they do it.

The only charity that gets my money is the SPCA. Their street collectors are so much more polite and unobtrusive. Besides, they often bring their dogs with them and I get to pat them and appease my inner child.
    woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  woody67 Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Mates that get a bit pissed and start repeating themselves over and over again!

Washing my dishes in the kitchen sink because my man hasn't got around to installing the dishwasher we brought TWO FUCKING YEARS AGO.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:18 pm

pet peeves??? hmmmm

people that dont indicate at roundabouts
    people who drive indecisivly

apart from that I struggle to think though I'm sure I bitch more about things then what I can remebers, maybe YDEKM can fill me in
    Tara
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Tara Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:45 pm

People who think parking their trolley and chatting to someone in the middle of an aisle is a good idea, even if you are standing there trying to get through. Unfortunately I've found some people do this whilst they're driving a car too, and just stop in the middle of the road to lean out their window and have a conversation.

People who don't indicate.

Middle aged women who think it's cute to put on a baby-ish voice and act like a child. Honestly have come across a few 30 and 40-something year old women who think they're being endearing and adorable by doing this. Hope someone else has come across a similar type person, they're difficult to describe. Suppose they're not really hurting anyone, it just makes me cringe a bit.

Being called by my full first name. Oddly it doesn't bother me if I'm being given shit for it, but I don't like it being used seriously (usually by family), because it's simply not the name I'm known by, or that I have been known by since I was about 5.

People who bitch and moan about the same shit and don't do anything about their situation/lack of resourceful-ness.

Two-faced-ness - just man up and say what you mean/are saying about someone behind their back.

People who don't return shopping trolleys.

People who stand too close in queues.

^^^ Also all of those.
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Post  relict Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Peeling dirty vegetables straight into the sink. It's double handling. I like to peel them (if I peel them) into a container ready to carry to the compost.
    Dirty plug-holes with bits stuck there and slime.
    Kitchen compost buckets that are left there for days to go mouldy, and are then hard to clean. I stick the scraps into a glass or ceramic bowl, and empty it within a day; then it gets washed with the dishes.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Strangers who mention to me my filthy habit of smoking. Think I don't know it's filthy? Want me to blow smoke in your face? Bitch about my smoking and I will.

Also homeless people.
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Right on Kier-bear!
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:10 pm

I hate you, Chels.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Drunk People, some more than others.
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:15 pm

____ wrote:I hate you, Chels.

Kier-Bears don't hate Very Happy
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:45 pm

People who walk slow or cut you off when you are walking.

I have just been to Sylvia Park (and bought the God of War collection) and experienced massive crowd rage.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Psalter wrote:People who walk slow or cut you off when you are walking.

I have just been to Sylvia Park (and bought the God of War collection) and experienced massive crowd rage.

Yeah one of my pet hates too. I just cut them off back or walk into them, on purpose.
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Finding out that someone ate all my cookies.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:10 pm

Empty packets or bottles in the pantry or fridge
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Waireka wrote:Empty packets or bottles in the pantry or fridge

Ooo yes - especially when it's something I really need.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:50 pm

83T'na wrote:

Serious?? Who does that???
    If anyone tried to, they would wake up with their bed full of said empty packets and bottles.
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 pm

People touching my food.

____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

ydekm wrote:
    83T'na wrote:

If anyone tried to, they would wake up with their bed full of said empty packets and bottles.

I do it at mum's house because it's funny:D
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Ew, if I did that at my Mum's house I'd get a hiding.

Or she'd post me all the empty bottles/packets.

Or a bill for replacements.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:02 pm

ydekm wrote:
    83T'na wrote:

He has come home to a pile of them on his bed with a note saying 'my pantry is not your rubbish bin'.

Even better, he has stopped talking to me! Smile 2 more months to go!!
    Sassydot
    Sassydot
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Sassydot Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:54 am

Toddlers, first and foremost.
    I don't mind babies, I don't mind big kids, but I fricking hate toddlers and preschoolers.

People that don't indicate at roundabouts, and also, people that indicate WRONG at roundabouts (don't indicate right when you're just going straight through, you fuckstick. I just sat there waiting for nothing!)
    Also, people who think that just because its 5.30am they don't have to indicate at all, anywhere.

People coughing.

Loud breathing.

People who smell. Deodorant was invented for a reason, seriously, there is no reason for you to stink that bad.

People who email me in the weekend, then send another, than another, because I haven't replied. BUSINESS HOURS PEOPLE!
    People who get all offended when I tell hem we're open from 6 til 2.

Gritty stuff on the kitchen floor.

People who leave floaters in the toilet. How hard is it to check its all flushed away before you leave?

When the radio station can't get their act together and plays ads and a song at the same time.

When someone picks up the book I've been reading and starts reading it themselves. Hey! I'm not done with that!

Lateness.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:51 am

Sassydot wrote:people that indicate WRONG at roundabouts (don't indicate right when you're just going straight through, you fuckstick. I just sat there waiting for nothing!)

unfortunately, they changed the rules re: roundabut indication, and whilst I agree with you, the law is on their side, not yours

Sassydot wrote:People who smell. Deodorant was invented for a reason, seriously, there is no reason for you to stink that bad.
    mostly, I am worried that I can smell myself - I hate the idea of people smelling me more than I hate smelling them

Sassydot wrote:
    People who leave floaters in the toilet. How hard is it to check its all flushed away before you leave?

Maybe they are intentionally "presenting"
    Sassydot
    Sassydot
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Sassydot Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:01 am

Donkeycheese wrote:
    Sassydot wrote:people that indicate WRONG at roundabouts (don't indicate right when you're just going straight through, you fuckstick. I just sat there waiting for nothing!)

unfortunately, they changed the rules re: roundabut indication, and whilst I agree with you, the law is on their side, not yours

Nope

You don't signal on if you're going straight through.
    You signal off (which has always been the case), but not on.
    Only signal on if you're turning left, or signal right if going more than 1/2 way around

If you are going 'straight' through a roundabout:

* don't signal as you come up to the roundabout
    * signal left as you pass the exit before the one you wish to take. At some small roundabouts it may not be possible to give three seconds warning, but it is courteous to give as much indication as you can.

Last edited by Sassydot on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:04 am

People who can't use roundabouts, or fail to indicate correctly fuck me off too.
    I've had so many arguments with people about what the road rules are. LTSA website is on favourites on my phone and laptop now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:29 pm