Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+13
relict
Tara
the distant one
woody67
frup
ChelseaT
Anjewel
Psalter
ydekm
Waireka
izzi
____
83T'na
17 posters

Pet peeves - what are yours?

83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Pet peeves - what are yours? Empty Pet peeves - what are yours?

Post  83T'na Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:03 pm

I have a number. Some can be put down to mild OCD like, how I hang my laundry and pack my dishwasher and it bugs the hell out of me when others do it differently.
    Mad
    But, when only ONE person has had a shower and the next person (ME)has to ditch the idea of conditioning their hair because the shower is now STONE FUCKING COLD, that REALLY gets my goat.
    Twisted Evil
    The other big one is when the bath mat is left on the floor sopping wet. What is it with guys and 'shaking off' before towelling off? I leave two neat little foot prints on the bath mat and when the boys in this house get out the whole thing is sodden. I also hang it up when I'm done.
    Evil or Very Mad
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Pet peeves - what are yours? Empty Re: Pet peeves - what are yours?

Post  ____ Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:09 pm

People who eat with their fucking mouths open, people who touch/hug me, Justin Bieber, Rachel.
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Lots, I'm sure, but today it's DB with his continual use of assumptions and pseudo-facts.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:23 pm

Being 'petted' like a dog. It's supposed to be affectionate, but it just makes me want to punch him.

People assuming things about me.

People not wiping down the bench after using it.

Idiots gushing over their love for Twilight and then treating me like I'm retarded because I don't like it.

Shoes on in my house.

People being 'avaliable' on msn, but they've walked away from their computer for a considerable amount of time, which means my screams for 'HELP!' aren't responded to in time, frup.

Being the white girl in a Maori family who are whiter than me on the inside, but am still treated like I'm ignorant to anything Maori.

I could go on all day...

Oh yeah, SCs no overseas accounts. Seems stupid I can still do surveys and reward mail, just not post on the forum. Even before I was banned I wasn't doing any of their surveys, but was buying through them when I needed gifts for NZ friends and family.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Oh, Workplace gossip. Fucking hate workplace gossip and the people who engage in it. Hence why I used to sit at my desk with my ipod on all day rather than engage with those fucking morons.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Waireka wrote:

Oh yeah, SCs no overseas accounts. Seems stupid I can still do surveys and reward mail, just not post on the forum. Even before I was banned I wasn't doing any of their surveys, but was buying through them when I needed gifts for NZ friends and family.

That does seem twisted. I would have thought it would go the other way around - let you into the forum and take your points gaining ability away. scratch
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:27 pm

____ wrote:People who eat with their fucking mouths open, people who touch/hug me, Justin Bieber, Rachel.

haha random, you dick.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:31 pm

I might know other Rachels. I don't, but it's possible.

I also hate being late, or people who are late consistantly.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:36 pm

A few things... not really anything big.

People who bitch and moan about the same shit and don't do anything about their situation/lack of resourceful-ness.

Two-faced-ness - just man up and say what you mean/are saying about someone behind their back. It's not that scary and I doubt they'll care after 5mins or so anyway. You have an inflated self of importance if you think people will break down re: your opinion.

People folding the towels in half the "wrong" way so I have to refold to put on the towel rail.

General rudeness.... Recently I was behind a guy who treated a customer service person like shit (threw something at her, swore at her etc), he then drove away in a company car so I called their head office and complained to the Managing Director. Was pretty funny. I call people on rude shit in public frequently.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Oh I hate being late too. Jim takes ages to get ready, if I realise it's too late and we're going to be late I often refuse to go. He's learning, slowly.

But I came back for another one that just happened!

People who plan their 1 year olds birthday party for the same day as my husbands 30th, then think their 1 year olds birthday is more important, despite the day not being the babies birthday or the fact the baby wont even remember it.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:40 pm

People who don't return shopping trolleys.

I would execute them if I was allowed.

People who don't put board game pieces on properly. Die in a god-damned fire!
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Power cuts while I am watching Dr Who best episodes.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Psalter wrote:People who don't return shopping trolleys.

I love the places that have the wires in the ground that lock up the wheels if you take the trolley out of the carpark. Saw many a drunk idiot get their ass-kicked by a shopping trolley locking up when I lived in Dunedin.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:44 pm

____ wrote:

I love the places that have the wires in the ground that lock up the wheels if you take the trolley out of the carpark. Saw many a drunk idiot get their ass-kicked by a shopping trolley locking up when I lived in Dunedin.

Never ever heard of this, but that would be entertaining.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:47 pm

Being late, or others being late..
    Dog shit
    Cat shit
    Kitchen sinks that haven't been cleaned/washed
    Empty toilet roll still on holder and new toilet roll on floor below it..
    Clothes on the floor

Meh too many others to list..
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Waireka wrote:
    ____ wrote:

Never ever heard of this, but that would be entertaining.

There was something in the news about this the other day. I can't WAIT till it gets to our local. It's a shame it won't help with those dicks who leave their trolley in the only space left in the whole damned car park. Twisted Evil
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Snorers.
    Racists.
    Customer service people that won't leave me the fuck alone.
    JWs.
    Watching my bf do the dishes (so excruciatingly painful).
    People who use the library when they're infectious and hack snorting every 3 seconds.
    Slow computers.
    Hoarders.
    When people find out that I'm an only child and go "oh that explains it". Explains WHAT exactly? Fuckers.
    Being called Chels. (I reckon I might live to regret letting you guys know that)
    Alot (though that link makes it a little easier to deal with now, thanks YDEKM).

Oh and I've just come back from the supermarket and I noticed in the middle of one of the isles there was a lone trolley with defrosted crab meat in it. It must have been there for ages. Srsly, put frozen stuff back if you have to leave the supermarket! Or at least tell someone that works there!

Edit: I also hate skinny people hugs. Useless sacks of shit that they are.

Also, Kieran says he wants to be called Kier-bear from now on.

Last edited by ChelseaT on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added one.)
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:33 pm

HAHAH there is a difference between purposefully not putting them on properly to watch someone elses OCD kick in for entertainment and not putting them on properly.

All of the supermarkets in the UK had the shopping trolleys you couldn't take from the carpark... so there would be lines of them near the boundary (usually a big yellow line). But yeah I dont know why people dont just return them to the trolley bay.
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Door to door salesmen (I get at least one a month where I am now, previously never got any... ~1km difference :S)
    Telemarketers (Don't get any of these now though Smile )
    Not having food I want to eat. (Especially when flatmates have eaten it)
    Flatmates
    Getting dressed (I spend my weekends in a dressing gown often)
    Wet towels
    Lawn mowers when I want to sleep
    People who back stab others but are nice to their face.
    Missionaries of any sort
    Windows
    Pets
    Obligations
    Queues
    Having a TV that doesn't have a remote (not that I use it)

Essentially I don't like being disturbed, having to do anything and not having what I want when I want. Laughing I'm a pathetic brat Crying or Very sad
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:36 pm

ChelseaT wrote:
    Alot (though that link makes it a little easier to deal with now, thanks YDEKM).

I laughed out loud at that blog entry and thought of your pain. Hilarious... she is awesome.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Oh another thing I dont like..

Religious people preaching or singing about God in public. Makes me embarrased for them.

Not sure WHY exactly.
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:41 pm

I forgot to add, people who don't like war metal.

Sent to kill, to watch no man's land
    Snipers are moving unseen
    Fight for land, to lose it again
    Shrapnel is filling the air

Hell on earth, the trenches mean death, better keep your head down low
    Charge their lines, the ultimate test it's a synchronized (sacrifice)

Get the wounded after dark
    Left alone in no man's land
    Maddening chaos at the front

Dream of heaven
    (angels are calling your name)

Shells and guns, a rifle and scope
    Bullets are wearing your name
    Losing track of time and of space
    Midnight at sanity's edge

Losing friends to artillery shells, at the break of dawn
    Break their will, as yours has been broken, they're here alone, (dream of home)

Charge at dawn to gain a yard
    Scout at night to guard their lines
    Leave your life in fortunes hand

Dream of heaven

Hell on earth, the trenches mean death, keep your head down low
    Charge their lines, the ultimate test it's a synchronized (sacrifice)

When the bullet hits it's mark
    Know your time in hell has been served
    You won't return to home

Dream of heaven

Calling you home
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:45 pm

People who stand too close in queues.

Yeah you're closer to the counter, but you've still got to wait the same amount of time, tard. In fact, I'm going to slow right down and put the wrong pin in a couple of times because you rammed my ankles with your trolley.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:46 pm

ydekm wrote:Oh another thing I dont like..

Religious people preaching or singing about God in public. Makes me embarrased for them.

Not sure WHY exactly.

Embarrassed FOR them? That's extremely good of you.

I dislike it too - it's an intrusion on my personal space. If I want to listen to sermons and song, I'll actually go to church.

In fact, I dislike ANYONE on the street approaching me for a signature or donation. If I want to donate or add my name to a list , I'll do it online.

I especially hate those numb nuts in Westfield malls who come up to you offering hand cream from the Dead Sea. I hate that they are contributing to the continued deterioration of the place (it's drying up) AND get in my face demanding $50 for a miniscule tube of goo I won't use.

BTW - Westfield have said they are not allowed to approach anyone. They are supposed to sit in their booths and wait for you to come to them. Complain to the management office if they do it.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Yeah embarrassed for them. Like they are a bit stupid or something.

I just smile and keep walking if anyone approaches me for donation/signature/products .... it's not nearly as bad here as it is the USA or UK. They back off if you dont make eye contact or just keep moving and rarely purposefully get in my way. Plus people have to make a living somehow - they earn shit money doing it, and it's hugely commission based. So I dont want to be rude to them. It's a difficult way to make money and most of them are poor students.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:14 pm