Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

3 posters

Random 1980s anti-animal-cosmetic-testing question

ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Random 1980s anti-animal-cosmetic-testing question Empty Random 1980s anti-animal-cosmetic-testing question

Post  ydekm Wed May 19, 2010 3:12 pm

Do you guys remember during the 1980's there was a big push against cosmetic testing on animals?

There was a particular group, might have been PETA or something, that used a rabbit with the symptoms of cosmetic testing as it's mascot.

I think it was a guy dressed up as a rabbit with inflamed runny eyes and rashes on it's skin (I remember having nightmares about it when I was 5 - so around 1988-1989)

I want to find a pic of the mascot but I can't remember WHO the group was.

Ring a bell?
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Random 1980s anti-animal-cosmetic-testing question Empty Re: Random 1980s anti-animal-cosmetic-testing question

Post  83T'na Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm

ydekm wrote:Do you guys remember during the 1980's there was a big push against cosmetic testing on animals?

There was a particular group, might have been PETA or something, that used a rabbit with the symptoms of cosmetic testing as it's mascot.

I think it was a guy dressed up as a rabbit with inflamed runny eyes and rashes on it's skin (I remember having nightmares about it when I was 5 - so around 1988-1989)

I want to find a pic of the mascot but I can't remember WHO the group was.

Ring a bell?

Sorry, no. I remember the campaign, but the name escapes me too. I doubt it was Peta because that's more recent.
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Random 1980s anti-animal-cosmetic-testing question Empty Re: Random 1980s anti-animal-cosmetic-testing question

Post  izzi Wed May 19, 2010 9:01 pm

New Zealand Anti-Vivisection Society?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 am