Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+11
the distant one
canterella
Anjewel
Tikva
Lynz
Donkeycheese
____
master5o1
Psalter
Summoner
woody67
15 posters

Is your life defined by fighting to be part of a club that isn't worth joining?

woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Is your life defined by fighting to be part of a club  that isn't worth joining? Empty Is your life defined by fighting to be part of a club that isn't worth joining?

Post  woody67 Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Just saw this in the quote of the day thread and was hoping Bullseye could expand on their comment a bit more?
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Is your life defined by fighting to be part of a club  that isn't worth joining? Empty Re: Is your life defined by fighting to be part of a club that isn't worth joining?

Post  Summoner Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:30 pm

If it was... I'd be in Zamfucka right now.

My life is defined by how I live and how I accept myself... I really don't give a fuck if I am accepted by people or not.

I do think there is a majority in SC that really need to find a life outside of SC... and ironically enough it is those that claim they do have a life outside of SC.

Members like farmers and embroider, and her bloody dead mother, are the most pathetic of them all but there are others.

For farmers it's a case of "look at me, pity me, like me...please?"

embroider just has a weird obsession with a woman who is dead... and needs to get over it and find a new hobby... like chasing tyres or something.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Is your life defined by fighting to be part of a club  that isn't worth joining? Empty Re: Is your life defined by fighting to be part of a club that isn't worth joining?

Post  Psalter Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:39 pm

marks brings it all on herself by telling people how to be people... that's all it really boils down to.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:44 pm

LIFE IS LIFE

____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:37 am

bullseye wrote:

Alright, she's a twit. But the forum today looks like a high school playground. Those more intelligent people should be able to see that and just how juvenile they look.

I rarely see internet forums as a place for srs bznz. I'll be an asshole to people online in ways I won't be offline because it's anonymous, meaningless and often hilarious. Sure, there may be another person on the other end, but I don't know them and their feelings don't mean anything to me, but if they get wound up by shit I say online that's their defect, because I take very little online seriously.

(Chrome, stop trying to tell me that "online" and "offline" aren't words)
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:27 am

Cowardice? No, I don't think so... there are just different social conventions in an online community. Would I engage the retard in conversation in normal life and act the same way? No, I wouldn't... I would likely let that awkward silence fall... you know, that one that tells everybody that someone has just embarrassed themselves? Yeah, well you can't do that online so I tell it straight.

Yes, she can say what she wants, she can tell people how to be people if she wishes... but she genuinely interferes in people's business by narking. She imposes her own moral code on people where she has no right to.

Reminds me of surfgirl... when I told everyone that I had converted to Islam, she started posting hateful, vile things about Muslims and used Fabian tactics in debate. No purpose to that recollection, I just hate the bitch.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:01 am

I can honestly say that retarded comments I make on SC are the same as the ones I make in real life - hopefully, in both cases, people recognise that I am being retarded for humour value, rather than it being my honest opinion. On rare occasions, humour and honesty meet

Some people deserve to be treated with disdain - narks is a classic example! Bigoted twats don't deserve fake pats on the back or props. Fuck'em!
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 am

bullseye wrote:

Ok, there are differing social conventions online. Why, though? Who decided that?

In my case, I decided that. I don't see reality as analogous to cyberspace so why should I treat them the same?
    Lynz
    Lynz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Lynz Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Although, I have to admit I have no idea what a Fabian tactic is.

[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_strategy
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:05 pm

bullseye wrote:Why not just ignore them, Donkeycheese? If they're not worth your respect, why give them your attention at all?

I don't always get your humour, but I like your honesty.

interesting point

for me, whether they are worthy of my respect or not, has no impact on whether I give them any attention. if I have time, I will call a twat a twat

if I don't have time, I sometimes forget to tell those whom I love that I love them

PS - I love you guys (You guys, are my best friends, through thick and thin, we'll always be together)
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:59 am

To answer the original question, No, my life is not defined by fighting to be part of a club that isn't worth joining.

I do agree with what bullseye is saying though. I guess it boils down to what road you prefer to take when it comes to your communications with others on the internet ~ the high road, or the low road.
    woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  woody67 Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:47 am

I think in regards to Markslovenz that she perhaps in RL isn't as popular as she would like, I do get a bit gobsmacked at how often she narks on others , narking has always been something I find dishonourable both in RL and on the internet.
    Furthermore in regards to SC there are many many threads she could post in that would give her her fix and yet not stress her out as much.
    So in a way she is quite controlling as she knows that the people that she reports are highly unlikely to do the same to her.....at this point I really think she needs to be banned, it would mean that she could still see threads but not respond and I think this could be educational for her, A kinda step back,look at the bigger picture if you will.

On a COMPLETLY different note! Anjewel unleashing her darker side was fanfuckingtastic reading! I think it's those little nuggets of prose that keep some of us logging in as often as we do.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:39 pm

In all honesty, I don't believe Marks got anywhere near a hospital over Easter...It was just a cop out and an attention seeking attempt, hoping that everyone would let her be so she never had to apologise to Frup, or admit that she was way out of line...In the words of the Thompson Twins..."Lies lies lies yeah, they wont forget you..."...Hence why I couldn't and can't give a shit...
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:50 pm

A post of mine that was deleted is now returned... what manner of witchcraft is this?
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Anjewel wrote:In all honesty, I don't believe Marks got anywhere near a hospital over Easter...It was just a cop out and an attention seeking attempt, hoping that everyone would let her be so she never had to apologise to Frup, or admit that she was way out of line...In the words of the Thompson Twins..."Lies lies lies yeah, they wont forget you..."...Hence why I couldn't and can't give a shit...

Anjewel - I love you more!! I was a fan of the Thompson Twins as a kid (east is east, west is west)

I listened again recently - fuck they're quite shit!!! Anyway, Tom's current thing is International Observer - quite interesting~!!!
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:59 pm

bullseye wrote:
    She did admit she was out of line and apologise.

Right here

Have you read the whole post? Because it didn't look like an apology at all. Even though the words 'I apologise' have been used, the context suggested otherwise - that she was not apologetic at all and that she was actually doing us all a service by doing the job the SC moderators were supposed to. do.
    So no, I don't buy into your opinion that she has apologised and that we should believe her attention-seeking crap.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Donkeycheese wrote:
    Anjewel wrote:In all honesty, I don't believe Marks got anywhere near a hospital over Easter...It was just a cop out and an attention seeking attempt, hoping that everyone would let her be so she never had to apologise to Frup, or admit that she was way out of line...In the words of the Thompson Twins..."Lies lies lies yeah, they wont forget you..."...Hence why I couldn't and can't give a shit...

Anjewel - I love you more!! I was a fan of the Thompson Twins as a kid (east is east, west is west)

I listened again recently - fuck they're quite shit!!! Anyway, Tom's current thing is International Observer - quite interesting~!!!

Yep quite shit alright...I watched that doco on her and how she fell in love with some other guy and up and left with the new guy and now makes chairs/couches using out of it stuff...

And yes what Canterella said, definitely not an apology at all...Sorry Bullseye, not seeing what you see..
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:22 am

bullseye wrote:
    Anjewel wrote:And yes what Canterella said, definitely not an apology at all...Sorry Bullseye, not seeing what you see..

You're not looking for one. Seriously, IMHO you just want another excuse to have a go and, no matter what she posts, that's what you're going to see.
    I wonder what frup thought of it.

Really..?..Seriously IMHO, are you Marks...?
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:33 am

bullseye wrote:
    Anjewel wrote:And yes what Canterella said, definitely not an apology at all...Sorry Bullseye, not seeing what you see..

You're not looking for one. Seriously, IMHO you just want another excuse to have a go and, no matter what she posts, that's what you're going to see, something to have a go at.

You forget that most people here have seen Marks do this for over 6 odd years now. You seem to base your judgements of other's poor behaviour on one or two interactions, rather than 6 years worth of bullshit.
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:23 am

Anjewel wrote:
    bullseye wrote:

You're not looking for one. Seriously, IMHO you just want another excuse to have a go and, no matter what she posts, that's what you're going to see.

Really..?..Seriously IMHO, are you Marks...?

I guess she is indeed Marks. Mad
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:44 pm

What did I think of what?
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:12 pm

frup wrote:What did I think of what?

When bullseye Narks apologised to you at SC..
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Do we really need to drag this kind of shit here?
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Psalter wrote:Do we really need to drag this kind of shit here?

Agreed, it's tedious and uninteresting.
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:34 pm

____ wrote:
    Psalter wrote:Do we really need to drag this kind of shit here?

Agreed, it's tedious and uninteresting.

This.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:40 pm