Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+4
Waireka
83T'na
Roadhog
woody67
8 posters

is it necessary to quote the person above you etc?

woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

is  it necessary to quote the person above you etc? Empty is it necessary to quote the person above you etc?

Post  woody67 Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:36 pm

It seems a bit ott to me to quote all the shit that we all have just read ...if you get my drift?

Sure if it is a few pages back I get it ...but when it is the post directly before WTF?????
    Roadhog
    Mortal
    Mortal

is  it necessary to quote the person above you etc? Empty Re: is it necessary to quote the person above you etc?

Post  Roadhog Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:45 pm

woody67 wrote:It seems a bit ott to me to quote all the shit that we all have just read ...if you get my drift?

Sure if it is a few pages back I get it ...but when it is the post directly before WTF?????

Beetroot! Cool
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

is  it necessary to quote the person above you etc? Empty Re: is it necessary to quote the person above you etc?

Post  83T'na Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:52 pm

I think that if you are quoting someone further up than immediately above you, it's very useful.

But I would still do it with the one directly above me in case someone else gets in before me. There have been lots of misunderstandings in SC because of that. Helps not to have to go back and explain.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Roadhog wrote:
    woody67 wrote:It seems a bit ott to me to quote all the shit that we all have just read ...if you get my drift?

Beetroot! Cool

Yes, because quote pyramids are awesome.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Waireka wrote:
    Roadhog wrote:

Beetroot! Cool

Real awesome.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:03 pm

sometimes I want to quote just a little bit of the quote above me, but I have ahigher than average propensity to fuck things up

so I end up quoting the whole lot so I look less of a tool (actually, not that hard - if I looked like anymore of a tool, people would walk in front of me saying "go hammer, go hammer")
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Waireka wrote:
    Waireka wrote:
    Roadhog wrote:

Beetroot! Cool

Real awesome.

Superawesome.
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Post  relict Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:06 pm

I prefer, myself, to always quote, but I tend to delete all but the part of the quote I am referring to, and keep the quote as brief as possible. Doesn't make such good pyramids but.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:53 pm

relict wrote:I prefer, myself, to always quote, but I tend to delete all but the part of the quote I am referring to, and keep the quote as brief as possible.

Quite right. A bit of careful editting can save a bit of room.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:10 pm

So marks has two accounts now? Rolling Eyes
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:15 pm

I'm not going to deny I know what you're talking about Waireka. I have been watching this forum and what people were saying. But, I only joined today.

That said, I will say no more.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:19 pm

Don't fib, it insults my intelligence.

Welcome anyway, I'm glad you're here and I'm glad you are (now) being open about your presence, looking forward to your contribution.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:24 pm

Glad to be posting at last. Smile
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:25 pm

____ wrote:
    Waireka wrote:
    Waireka wrote:
    Roadhog wrote:

Beetroot! Cool

Real awesome.

Superawesome.

I prefer 4chan-style--
    >>12-230984-12309-01
    mentioning quotes.
    woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  woody67 Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:55 pm

master5o1 wrote:
    ____ wrote:
    Waireka wrote:
    Waireka wrote:
    Roadhog wrote:

Beetroot! Cool

Real awesome.

Superawesome.

I prefer 4chan-style--
    >>12-230984-12309-01
    mentioning quotes.

Ah fuck it can't beat em an all that

Where has bullseye gone??? lol lol lol
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:28 pm

woody67 wrote:
    master5o1 wrote:
    ____ wrote:
    Waireka wrote:
    Waireka wrote:
    Roadhog wrote:

Beetroot! Cool

Real awesome.

Superawesome.

I prefer 4chan-style--
    >>12-230984-12309-01
    mentioning quotes.

Ah fuck it can't beat em an all that

Where has bullseye gone??? lol lol lol

My assumption: Since outed as markslovenz, decided to quit being bullseye.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 am