Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+8
frup
Waireka
master5o1
____
ChelseaT
Anjewel
Summoner
Psalter
12 posters

It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa!

the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa! - Page 2 Empty Re: It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa!

Post  the distant one Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:05 pm

frup wrote:
    the distant one wrote:God I hate Auckland though... Aucklanders are fine (I guess), but Auckland? Congested shitty smoggy shit-hole.

Hey Adrian - It's Rachel - I've been up here for 2 years (today actually!) and it's not that bad. It's just like a bigger Hamilton minus the roundabouts. Easy to get around once you know how, I've only been stuck in bad traffic a handful of times due to a crash/spill on the motorway. Takes me 15-20mins to get into work from Mt Wellington and I work right in the middle of town, and it's about the same return. That's less time than it used to take me from Pukete/Te Rapa into the CBD when I worked in Hamilton.

Once you know where Erin might be working let us know. And re: the kitties, we found two properties that let us have "a cat" (ahem we have two). And technically we shouldn't have had them in this property, but we asked after a few months (ie we had a few inspections and they knew we were responsible) and were given permission retrospectively Smile

Hardest thing when I moved up here was having no knowledge of the suburbs (ie Mt Wellington seemed like ages away from town compared to Mt Eden, but it's not really... you can spend just as much time getting up Dominion Rd in the morning as spending on the motorway).

So yeah, congrats Erin! And I am pro-Auckland these days Smile

She hath seen the lighteth

Sort of... It's a larger version of Hamilton with coastline. Most Aucklanders don't like to hear that.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa! - Page 2 Empty Re: It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa!

Post  Donkeycheese Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:14 am

Rachel is right about Dominion Road, BUT it is the most serviced public transport road in NZ. There be plenty of bus lanes too - so easy to get to uni from anywhere along there

Not sure why you would hate auckland - sure, Hamilton has its STD, but you could bring those with you surely?
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:39 am

Donkeycheese wrote:Rachel is right about Dominion Road, BUT it is the most serviced public transport road in NZ. There be plenty of bus lanes too - so easy to get to uni from anywhere along there

Not sure why you would hate auckland - sure, Hamilton has its STD, but you could bring those with you surely?

This is true (re Dom rd) - I just always drove, rather than bussed and it takes forever around 8am. But catching a bus is a different story - one every 5 mins or so into town as well, which is great.
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:28 am

Most of the awesomest people live in Auckland, a city that has so much more to offer than crappy Hamilton.
    I bet ya you'll find a job in no time. The rents however can be a bit high, depending on a suburb you want to live in.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 am

frup wrote:
    the distant one wrote:God I hate Auckland though... Aucklanders are fine (I guess), but Auckland? Congested shitty smoggy shit-hole.

Hey Adrian - It's Rachel - I've been up here for 2 years (today actually!) and it's not that bad. It's just like a bigger Hamilton minus the roundabouts. Easy to get around once you know how, I've only been stuck in bad traffic a handful of times due to a crash/spill on the motorway. Takes me 15-20mins to get into work from Mt Wellington and I work right in the middle of town, and it's about the same return. That's less time than it used to take me from Pukete/Te Rapa into the CBD when I worked in Hamilton.

Once you know where Erin might be working let us know. And re: the kitties, we found two properties that let us have "a cat" (ahem we have two). And technically we shouldn't have had them in this property, but we asked after a few months (ie we had a few inspections and they knew we were responsible) and were given permission retrospectively Smile

Hardest thing when I moved up here was having no knowledge of the suburbs (ie Mt Wellington seemed like ages away from town compared to Mt Eden, but it's not really... you can spend just as much time getting up Dominion Rd in the morning as spending on the motorway).

So yeah, congrats Erin! And I am pro-Auckland these days Smile

She hath seen the lighteth

or you know met someone fantasticly awesum!!!!!
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:28 pm

It's official... we will be Jafas around the 21st of May.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Flicked you a PM with my friends email address. She's the teacher I know up there, said she's happy to answer any questions you might have about it.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:30 pm

It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa! - Page 2 1251253859661
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:02 am

Psalter wrote:It's official... we will be Jafas around the 21st of May.

dude, I'll send you a PM with my numbers in it - have moved for about 6 months, but still around Mt Eden./ Scott and Rachel have my numbers too

that said - not getting out much at the moment, especially since the media is watching out for people who leave their kids in the car out the front of strip clubs!!
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:48 am

that said - not getting out much at the moment, especially since the media is watching out for people who leave their kids in the car out the front of strip clubs!!

What's a 200 buck fine when you are waiting for the babysitter who is a tad late..? Laughing
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:26 am

Donkeycheese wrote:
    Psalter wrote:It's official... we will be Jafas around the 21st of May.

dude, I'll send you a PM with my numbers in it - have moved for about 6 months, but still around Mt Eden./ Scott and Rachel have my numbers too

thats why you just lock it in a cage like we do to our baby.... do you need us to bring ya round some beers???

oh yeah many lolz at your cartoon as well psalter

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 pm