Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+8
frup
Waireka
master5o1
____
ChelseaT
Anjewel
Summoner
Psalter
12 posters

It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa!

Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa! Empty It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa!

Post  Psalter Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:09 pm

Yeah, the missus got the job; a 7.5k pay-rise, and there are more job opportunities for me up there... but the contract is only for 10 months. Also, it is a huge step-forward career-wise, stem-cell research for Parkinsons and Hodgesons (is that eve a thing? ,meh) and shit.

But she may still have a job here for a year or more.

God I hate Auckland though... Aucklanders are fine (I guess), but Auckland? Congested shitty smoggy shit-hole.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa! Empty Re: It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa!

Post  Summoner Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Yay... then I'll get to bug you when I'm there!!!

And make you buy me booze.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa! Empty Re: It looks like I am going to b a fucking Jafa!

Post  Anjewel Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Also, it is a huge step-forward career-wise, stem-cell research for Parkinsons and Hodgesons (is that eve a thing? ,meh) and shit

Hodgkins..?..Nice big step forward for your wife..To find a way to help those with Parkinsons is wonderful..Fuckin awful ailment for anyone...
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:20 pm

GET AWAY FROM ME. Creepy creeper.

Well done her.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:22 pm

ChelseaT wrote:GET AWAY FROM ME. Creepy creeper.

Well done her.

This is like the hair-pulling thing that boys do to girls at primary right?

Chelsea, I am flattered maybe even a little curious but the answer is no.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:23 pm

That's fuckin' gay.
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Psalter wrote:

Well done her.

It's her I'm after.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Fair enough.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 pm

DO NOT WANT
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:49 pm

ChelseaT wrote:
    Psalter wrote:

Well done her.

It's her I'm after.

Imokaywiththis.jpg
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:49 pm

master5o1 wrote:DO NOT WANT

Too bad bitch, your town is mine.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:59 pm

In short; all your base are belong to us.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:02 am

I actually do like Auckland... I can navigate it far more easier than I do Hamilton.

But congrats to Erin for the job.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:04 am

Hot and Smart. Psalter hit the jackpot.
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:14 am

Which suburb you gonna be burbing in?
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:24 am

Don't know yet, we need to see if we can afford to live there yet. She'll be working at the uni and bussing, I will want to be close to at least 3 schools.

She's going to 57k and I need a job... rent is really high aye?
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:35 am

Well maybe all those SC'ers will get there non-wish, and you will be teaching some of their kids...
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 am

Scar, or teach?
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:41 am

Teach...The parents would be scarred though..
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:41 am

Rent for a 1 - 2 bedroom house near bus stops and schools will be higher than some places I suppose.

I'd estimate between $250 - $300 for the above, on average. Check out trademe for better estimates.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:11 am

Not much on TM that suits...we have 2 cats.

But the price seems okay... if we could get a $250 place, that would be awesome... we currently pay $200 of a $300 rent in a shit area... nice house inside though.
    Allan
    Allan
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Allan Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:18 am

Yeah, seems cheap if the missus is earning that and you get yourself something. too easy
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:48 am

Psalter wrote:Don't know yet, we need to see if we can afford to live there yet. She'll be working at the uni and bussing, I will want to be close to at least 3 schools.

She's going to 57k and I need a job... rent is really high aye?

sweet if ya need a hand with anytghing just let us know.

to give you an idea we live in mt wellington just down the road frm, sylvia park so shit loads of bus stops, school and train station. easy to get to the main uni campus.... we hav a decent two bedroom unit unfortunatly 340 a week.

To get to the main uni campus (unless its the medical campus or the liggins institue/research centre in ponsonby) she probably better to catch the train and there for can live anywhere out south or west.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:16 am

God I hate Auckland though... Aucklanders are fine (I guess), but Auckland? Congested shitty smoggy shit-hole.

Hey Adrian - It's Rachel - I've been up here for 2 years (today actually!) and it's not that bad. It's just like a bigger Hamilton minus the roundabouts. Easy to get around once you know how, I've only been stuck in bad traffic a handful of times due to a crash/spill on the motorway. Takes me 15-20mins to get into work from Mt Wellington and I work right in the middle of town, and it's about the same return. That's less time than it used to take me from Pukete/Te Rapa into the CBD when I worked in Hamilton.

Once you know where Erin might be working let us know. And re: the kitties, we found two properties that let us have "a cat" (ahem we have two). And technically we shouldn't have had them in this property, but we asked after a few months (ie we had a few inspections and they knew we were responsible) and were given permission retrospectively Smile

Hardest thing when I moved up here was having no knowledge of the suburbs (ie Mt Wellington seemed like ages away from town compared to Mt Eden, but it's not really... you can spend just as much time getting up Dominion Rd in the morning as spending on the motorway).

So yeah, congrats Erin! And I am pro-Auckland these days Smile

Last edited by the distant one on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing words)
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:01 pm

the distant one wrote:God I hate Auckland though... Aucklanders are fine (I guess), but Auckland? Congested shitty smoggy shit-hole.

Hey Adrian - It's Rachel - I've been up here for 2 years (today actually!) and it's not that bad. It's just like a bigger Hamilton minus the roundabouts. Easy to get around once you know how, I've only been stuck in bad traffic a handful of times due to a crash/spill on the motorway. Takes me 15-20mins to get into work from Mt Wellington and I work right in the middle of town, and it's about the same return. That's less time than it used to take me from Pukete/Te Rapa into the CBD when I worked in Hamilton.

Once you know where Erin might be working let us know. And re: the kitties, we found two properties that let us have "a cat" (ahem we have two). And technically we shouldn't have had them in this property, but we asked after a few months (ie we had a few inspections and they knew we were responsible) and were given permission retrospectively Smile

Hardest thing when I moved up here was having no knowledge of the suburbs (ie Mt Wellington seemed like ages away from town compared to Mt Eden, but it's not really... you can spend just as much time getting up Dominion Rd in the morning as spending on the motorway).

So yeah, congrats Erin! And I am pro-Auckland these days Smile

She hath seen the lighteth

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:36 pm