Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+6
Dionysus
relict
Hephaestus
the distant one
debs
Psalter
10 posters

I have just had my first look at Zambuka.

Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

I have just had my first look at Zambuka. Empty I have just had my first look at Zambuka.

Post  Psalter Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:05 pm

Wow, is there anything in there that is actually good? I haven't managed to look very far, but what I have seen has been little else than smilies and bitching about SC members. It also seems that there is an open abuse of power in there... would this be accurate?

Looking at the layout, and comparing it with here, I think that this site should be split into categories, but less than Zambuka. Agree?

I enjoy the conversation in here, and with the imminent collapse of the SC forum, it is likely to get better.

Am I going anywhere with this? Probably not, I have mixed pain relief and 1 glass of wine... wow.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

I have just had my first look at Zambuka. Empty Re: I have just had my first look at Zambuka.

Post  Psalter Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:06 pm

Also, comparing the colour schemes, I like Tartarus a lot better. Zambuka is hard to read.
    debs
    debs
    Giant
    Giant

I have just had my first look at Zambuka. Empty Re: I have just had my first look at Zambuka.

Post  debs Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:09 pm

Agreed.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:50 pm

zambuka is pretty much a back slapping and fake beer drinking forum. any real discussion gets about 4 posts and then it dies. The abuse of power in there is shocking and there are a few other forums that have sprung up off it from when there are big spats in there.

I was thinking that there probably does need to be some form of categories for this site but not to sure how to divy them up.
    Hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Hephaestus Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:54 pm

As an experiment, I have added another category to the underworld... I have also deleted the underworld awards. If anyone has any suggestions for the breakdown of topics, please message me or post in this thread.

Maybe that should be a category?

Could I please have a link to Zambuka so that I can check it out for ideas/influence?
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Hephaestus wrote:As an experiment, I have added another category to the underworld... I have also deleted the underworld awards. If anyone has any suggestions for the breakdown of topics, please message me or post in this thread.

Maybe that should be a category?

Could I please have a link to Zambuka so that I can check it out for ideas/influence?

unlss you have an account you wont be able to get in, It has a very specific forum break down there is a category for everything. The only problem with that at the moment is that only some categories (like sport and movies etc) only get visited by about 3 people.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:06 pm

http://zambuka.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=othersitesthreads&action=display&thread=5011&page=1

Is how I got to it.
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Post  relict Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:06 pm

the distant one wrote:zambuka is pretty much a back slapping and fake beer drinking forum. any real discussion gets about 4 posts and then it dies. The abuse of power in there is shocking and there are a few other forums that have sprung up off it from when there are big spats in there.

I was thinking that there probably does need to be some form of categories for this site but not to sure how to divy them up.

National stuff
    Forum stuff
    Other stuff

Three for a start sounds like a good number. Just a suggestion.
    Hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Hephaestus Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:10 pm

unlss you have an account you wont be able to get in, It has a very specific forum break down there is a category for everything. The only problem with that at the moment is that only some categories (like sport and movies etc) only get visited by about 3 people.

Oh, maybe I won't sign up then. I imagine that I would be exposed as a Goderator here... I am supposed to keep it secret.

National stuff
    Forum stuff
    Other stuff

Those seem to all fit as "general" and I would prefer to keep it that way. However, if it is supported by enough people, we can trial it.
    Dionysus
    Dionysus
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Dionysus Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:13 pm

I think at this stage just general and the humour section seem sufficient.

Once we reach a point where we have a saturation of certain topics, then we can create a new category and shift to suit.

But of course suggestions are most welcome
    dabiarch
    dabiarch
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  dabiarch Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:18 pm

Oh, maybe I won't sign up then. I imagine that I would be exposed as a Goderator here... I am supposed to keep it secret.

Goderator.......i love it Laughing
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Okay... it's not the colour scheme at Z that is bad... it's that there is too much going on... there is a lot of visual noise.
    Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Jesus Christ Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:20 pm

Psalter wrote:Okay... it's not the colour scheme at Z that is bad... it's that there is too much going on... there is a lot of visual noise.

Tacky. Understatement, but the best word for it.

Zambukans are clearly the kind of people that like those over the top, overintrusive smiley programs.
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:48 pm

Dionysus wrote:I think at this stage just general and the humour section seem sufficient.

Once we reach a point where we have a saturation of certain topics, then we can create a new category and shift to suit.

But of course suggestions are most welcome

I agree. There's no need to create too many categories that end up not being used, as it happened in other forums.
    Kosmick
    Giant
    Giant

Post  Kosmick Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:41 pm

Thanks for the link

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:45 pm