Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

5 posters

WARRIORS FAN CLUB

Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

WARRIORS FAN CLUB - Page 2 Empty Re: WARRIORS FAN CLUB

Post  Psalter Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Which is my point, if the fans suspected it, there is no-way that a single player that is being paid stupid amounts wouldn't question the other top blokes.

Just because they never explicitly discussed it, doesn't mean they didn't know.
    Allan
    Allan
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Allan Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Hey they might have had an inkling, but thats not knowledge of all the activity.

In most of these guys cases it would be a manager/company looking after everything for them. There would be contract payments, endorsements, one off payments etc all going through the manager and the player probably receiving a set amount each month with the rest been invested. Salaries maybe discussed in general but I doubt they all get together and get the calculator out. Do you discuss your salary with workmates?

A player can receive additional income apart from their contract under the salary cap through endorsements etc. But the club is not meant to be involved in this and can't be used to entice players to sign , i.e "hey we can only pay you $300,000 contract, but we have a company lined up who is going to pay you another $100,000 to use you in adverts, so really you'll be on $400,000". I think this is where the enquiry started?

Just a note re been able to afford the high profile players, it's not like they went and bought them from other clubs as superstars, they played for the Storm as teenagers and were developed by the club and it's the storm that made them 'superstars' and having loyalty to the club and team mates and been part of the best team can keep some players going elsewhere, even if they are getting less than they could at another club. an extra $25,000 to play for the easy beats? or stick with the champs? I would pick the latter.
    Allan
    Allan
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Allan Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Haha I sound like a raving Melbournite
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:04 pm

Allan wrote:Hey they might have had an inkling, but thats not knowledge of all the activity.

In most of these guys cases it would be a manager/company looking after everything for them. There would be contract payments, endorsements, one off payments etc all going through the manager and the player probably receiving a set amount each month with the rest been invested. Salaries maybe discussed in general but I doubt they all get together and get the calculator out. Do you discuss your salary with workmates?

A player can receive additional income apart from their contract under the salary cap through endorsements etc. But the club is not meant to be involved in this and can't be used to entice players to sign , i.e "hey we can only pay you $300,000 contract, but we have a company lined up who is going to pay you another $100,000 to use you in adverts, so really you'll be on $400,000". I think this is where the enquiry started?

Just a note re been able to afford the high profile players, it's not like they went and bought them from other clubs as superstars, they played for the Storm as teenagers and were developed by the club and it's the storm that made them 'superstars' and having loyalty to the club and team mates and been part of the best team can keep some players going elsewhere, even if they are getting less than they could at another club. an extra $25,000 to play for the easy beats? or stick with the champs? I would pick the latter.

yeah but they must of had some inkling jsut like the rest of the nrl to see they had so many high propfile players who would command high amount at other slcubs. and to say loyalty might play a factor... maybe but for a career that might last 10 years at best its pretty hard to convince a young guy not to follow the money considering his career can be over in the next 40 mins that he plays.
    Allan
    Allan
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Allan Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Grrr what a hiding, knew the storm would be firing though after the week they had!

This is just not right. Why whould the warriors and the next teams to play them, have to play a side that the NRL says is over the cap?? might not mean anything to the storm winning, but it means a shit load to the warriors and the rest of the comp.

I am in agreement with phil guild and others saying to bring them under the cap for this year and let them play for points.

I am imagining the huge outcry if a storm player ends up taking someone like jarrod hayne or thurston out for the season in a bad tackle or something. shit would be flying then.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Allan wrote:Grrr what a hiding, knew the storm would be firing though after the week they had!

This is just not right. Why whould the warriors and the next teams to play them, have to play a side that the NRL says is over the cap?? might not mean anything to the storm winning, but it means a shit load to the warriors and the rest of the comp.

I am in agreement with phil guild and others saying to bring them under the cap for this year and let them play for points.

I am imagining the huge outcry if a storm player ends up taking someone like jarrod hayne or thurston out for the season in a bad tackle or something. shit would be flying then.
    I spose its hard because there are contracts and stuff in place in regards to the players. they dont want to exclude any of their superstars just in case they fall out of form for origin/international duties.

Next year will be intersting to see if they off load anyone or to see if players take a salary cut. cause to me their contracted pay rate will make all the players under the cap it will jsut be how they have managed to subvert the other payments to them.

if its to hard to deduct who got what then they cant take any players off their roster.

also they cant kick the team out for this year as its the NRL's plan to keep pushing the NRL into AFL strong states and this has worked for the storm.

The support is still there by the looks of it with 24K people turning up on sunday. though will that continue to happen if they lose players and their invincibility??

him many rambling pondering thoughts
    Allan
    Allan
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Allan Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:37 pm

yeah I think 24k there was definate statement of "fuck you David Gallop", I doubt after a few more months that will remain.

The thing is the NRL is saying "this is an illegal team" but also making other teams go out and play them, which is unfair. Why should the warriors or any other team lose two point to a team that the NRL themselves say is wayyyyy over the cap.

Pay the players their contracts for the year, thats a given and then get them back under cap, by releasing them. Another club maybe able to get someone cheap if they still have room under their cap.
    The players get to play, the storm is playing under the rules, and the fans have a chance of seeing if they can race to the finals from zero.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Wed May 05, 2010 6:53 pm

so this week the boys are on a bye thank god hopefully the sort their shit out.

though we have the kiwis v aussie gamer on friday night at the new Melbourne stadium.... full sell out is expected.

once again I think we are gona get crazily smashed
    Allan
    Allan
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Allan Wed May 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Go the Kiwis

and Yay for 2 points for the Warriors!!

Yeah, I heard it was already sold out. Friday = poker, drinking and watching the test! woop woop
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sun May 09, 2010 7:56 pm

what a boring game, didnt help it was pissing down1!

on a sode note I am pissed off at stacey jones, he is advertising for instant finance at the moment. Didnt think he would associate himself to a company the purposly targets the very people that look up to him. GRRRRR dam you stacy!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:22 am