Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+12
Diaz
Tikva
Anjewel
ChelseaT
canterella
Wizz
flat_tack
Jesus Christ
Summoner
Donkeycheese
relict
Psalter
16 posters

narkslovenz (just me laughing inside)

ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

narkslovenz (just me laughing inside) - Page 2 Empty Re: narkslovenz (just me laughing inside)

Post  ChelseaT Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:06 pm

I've noticed a couple of ghost bumps in her threads.

I'm curious there seems to be mention of 'what happened last time', can someone fill me in?
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

narkslovenz (just me laughing inside) - Page 2 Empty Re: narkslovenz (just me laughing inside)

Post  Psalter Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:13 pm

Broadly speaking, there are two start points to self-improvement; self-reflection, and constructive criticism. Unfortunately, constructive criticism relies on reflection for it to work.

Self-reflection is a deliberate act that sees a person examine their actions for strengths and weaknesses; once identified the person may take action to improve on their strengths, and eliminate their weaknesses (to some degree). If a person is inadequately equipped to examine their strengths and weaknesses, it often requires an outside party to identify them for the person. However, it is then up to the person to examine the criticisms for motivation, veracity, and possible paths to improvement... this, in itself, is reflection.

Multiple people have commented on your forum demeanour marks, at times (more often than not) I (and others) have done so with a snippy and condescending attitude. I see the error of my ways. However, the message is clear; there are aspects of your online personality that <b>need</b> work... and that work can only come from you.

The way I see it, you read into things too much, you are too serious, and you attempt to debate people that are very much above your weight class. Further, you cannot handle being wrong and do not admit it easily (if at all). To compound this, you are not reflective, you do not accept that it is you that has the problem, you do not accept that it is you that needs to change. It is self-destructive behaviour.

That "yeah right" above is indicative of all this.

Just in case she deletes it... so I can repost.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Well said and put and placed...
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:47 pm

and she deleted the thread... cowardice.
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:37 pm

It's not just that Psalter. She needs to get a life away from her puter, but she can't.

That is quite possibly true. Please, remember that not everyone responds to everything the same way, and sometimes, contact with people via the Internet is the only thing that is keeping you from being sucked into the abyss.

Sometimes, people in the 'real life' world petrify you, even though there is no valid reason ~ it just 'is'.

It is quite possible that I would be six foot under by now had it not been for the Internet. Whether any of you believe it or not is up to you ~ I can only speak from my experience and my truth.
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Perhaps that's the point, they don't need to really face real life while posting on the internet. Only problem is it catches up with you eventually.

That would certainly be a part of it.......
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:04 am

Diaz, Kieran (savant) and I are sitting here and discussing online personalities and we (I) have decided that you are the ultimate in online debating and rational thought (he says there is one other).
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:56 am

Psalter wrote:Diaz, Kieran (savant) and I are sitting here and discussing online personalities and we (I) have decided that you are the ultimate in online debating and rational thought (he says there is one other).

Who is this one other (obviously not me).
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:09 am

Someone from GPOD I assume.

(He is snoring).
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:11 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:43 pm

I was passed out at only 1am? For shame, on my family name.
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Post  relict Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:31 pm

relict wrote:Somebody linked to a cartoon the other day about facebook types, including those who use avatars of their baby. It had a good point.

I also don't get why someone would use a name for themselves like ___(partner)__'s love. It's like saying your personal worth depends on them.

So narkslovenz, in that sense, might be an improvement.

markslovenz, if you are reading this, I mean no offense.

Bump 4 83T'na

Pleased to see you found a better name. Smile

Oh, and Welcome!
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:57 pm

narkslovenz (just me laughing inside) - Page 2 Curtse10

Why, thank you.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:47 pm

My FB profile pic is my baby, so is my Sig here.

I find him to be cuter than me.

Eventually I will miss staring at myself all day and change it back.
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Post  relict Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:41 am

Waireka wrote:My FB profile pic is my baby

Really?

Waireka wrote:so is my Sig here.

Yes, but you avatar isn't. Not the same thing.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:48 am

relict wrote:

Really?

Was. But I began to miss myself last night.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Waireka wrote:
    relict wrote:

Really?

Was. But I began to miss myself last night.

Oh that made me lol.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content