Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+9
canterella
Waireka
master5o1
83T'na
ydekm
Psalter
ChelseaT
____
Donkeycheese
13 posters

Eat Best Foods mayonnaise and die motherfuckers

ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Eat Best Foods mayonnaise and die motherfuckers - Page 2 Empty Re: Eat Best Foods mayonnaise and die motherfuckers

Post  ydekm Thu May 06, 2010 1:45 pm

izzi wrote:Best Foods.....yuck. it's kinda tasteless stuff to put on a sandwich so it's not too dry.

That being said, my Aunt does this cunning thing with Best Foods, soy sauce and wasabi that makes a mean dip for raw veges.

Crying or Very sad

Maybe it's tasteless compared to the super sweet stuff NZ calls mayo.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Eat Best Foods mayonnaise and die motherfuckers - Page 2 Empty Re: Eat Best Foods mayonnaise and die motherfuckers

Post  Donkeycheese Thu May 06, 2010 2:26 pm

ydekm wrote:
    izzi wrote:Best Foods.....yuck. it's kinda tasteless stuff to put on a sandwich so it's not too dry.

That being said, my Aunt does this cunning thing with Best Foods, soy sauce and wasabi that makes a mean dip for raw veges.

Crying or Very sad

Maybe it's tasteless compared to the super sweet stuff NZ calls mayo.

im with you Rach - well, I have to be. My wife does the shopping and that is the mayo she buys - goes great with kumara fries
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Thu May 06, 2010 2:41 pm

canterella wrote:Edmonds whole egg mayo is better, but I haven't checked the fat content. Heinz seriously good mayo is not bad either.
    and I agree with mayo+cheese=I vomit

mayo+ Bavarian salami is a better combo

EDMUNDS!

i think most mayo has 70% fat unless it's that shitty shit that doesn't taste good.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Thu May 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Hell's blue cheese mayo is also the best tasting thing ever. So far.
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Thu May 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Agrees some mayo can be too sweet. Mostly I make my own unless I need a base for (semi) homemade tartare sauce, in which case I prefer an element of fakeness.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Thu May 06, 2010 3:06 pm

My parents used to get Hellman's mayo sent over from the UK before you could get Best Foods here.

Same stuff.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Thu May 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Baby Oh mayo...The one they use for making Sushi...In a plastic bottle shaped like a baby at most Supermarket delis or at those Chinese food marts...Expensive but creamy delish...Failing that...Pams American Mayo is divine...Taste like the mayo you find in a McChicken burger...

My nana loved baked beans on toast with a dollop of mayo...
    woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  woody67 Fri May 07, 2010 10:07 am

Pams American Mayo is the one , curried egg salad using this mayo is deeeeeviine.

Oh and Waireka BK is in oz but is called hungry jacks cos some old dude had a wee burger bar in the outback somewhere called burger King and wouldn't sell the name to BK america ,when they first wanted to set up in oz....go the old guy!
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Fri May 07, 2010 12:22 pm

woody67 wrote:Pams American Mayo is the one , curried egg salad using this mayo is deeeeeviine.

Oh and Waireka BK is in oz but is called hungry jacks cos some old dude had a wee burger bar in the outback somewhere called burger King and wouldn't sell the name to BK america ,when they first wanted to set up in oz....go the old guy!

Funny how that didn't work for the Blackball Hilton.
    Linno
    Linno
    Giant
    Giant

Post  Linno Fri May 07, 2010 1:46 pm

I don't buy mayo, coz anytime I've bought it it's always been way too sweet. Can't stand that. Homemade is best.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Fri May 07, 2010 2:36 pm

woody67 wrote:Pams American Mayo is the one , curried egg salad using this mayo is deeeeeviine.

Yes, we have hungry jacks down the road, but it tastes like bad mcdonalds, burgers are crap, fries are stale, it's nothing like BK (aside from these hideous burgers they try to call Whoppers and the logo).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:42 pm