Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+2
relict
ChelseaT
6 posters

I feel old. At 20 :(

ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

I feel old. At 20 :( Empty I feel old. At 20 :(

Post  ChelseaT Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:11 pm

I had my initial orientation day yesterday where we had a chance to meet our fellow students and lecturers. There are actually 28 of us this year, not 25. But still, a very small number of students. I found myself falling in step with the 'mature' students, in particular a woman named Vee who is in her 30's. There were perhaps 5 students that weren't school leavers, myself included. I felt so old! The other students were all 18 (some 17 nearly 18) and straight from high school.

When we were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves one student even stated that the year before she had wasted her time getting drunk and partying, in front of all our lecturers! I thought that was just a really strange thing to do, because now she's already earnt herself a reputation as a drunk.

I couldn't really keep up a conversation with the other girls either (we're all girls. Odd? Yes a little bit). They talked about parties, lusting after celebs and "Omg did you go to BDO? Wasn't it AWESOME?!" None of which I have any interest in.

Does that make me an old hag? Already, at 20?

Pleasesaynopleasesayno.
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

I feel old. At 20 :( Empty Re: I feel old. At 20 :(

Post  relict Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:31 pm

I was never a teenager. LOL.
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Diaz wrote:Told the lecturers she spent a year partying? How gauche. I disavow all knowledge of my teenage self doing anything that silly.

Sorry, it was more like 'spent a year passed out on her bathroom floor with vomit on her dress'. The lecturers were NOT expecting anything like that to come out of her mouth.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:38 pm

ChelseaT wrote:I had my initial orientation day yesterday where we had a chance to meet our fellow students and lecturers. There are actually 28 of us this year, not 25. But still, a very small number of students. I found myself falling in step with the 'mature' students, in particular a woman named Vee who is in her 30's. There were perhaps 5 students that weren't school leavers, myself included. I felt so old! The other students were all 18 (some 17 nearly 18) and straight from high school.

When we were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves one student even stated that the year before she had wasted her time getting drunk and partying, in front of all our lecturers! I thought that was just a really strange thing to do, because now she's already earnt herself a reputation as a drunk.

I couldn't really keep up a conversation with the other girls either (we're all girls. Odd? Yes a little bit). They talked about parties, lusting after celebs and "Omg did you go to BDO? Wasn't it AWESOME?!" None of which I have any interest in.

Does that make me an old hag? Already, at 20?

Pleasesaynopleasesayno.

It does... sorry but true.

I'm not 20 and I still enjoy the lusting after celebs thing, the BDO and parties...
    Lynz
    Lynz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Lynz Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Old at 20? Well at least you're safe from the Priests. Oh, hold on, you're a female. So you were never in danger from them. Laughing
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:05 am

You're trying too hard.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content