Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

3 posters

Wii System Update to version 4.2 --- dangerous and pointless.

master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Wii System Update to version 4.2 --- dangerous and pointless. Empty Wii System Update to version 4.2 --- dangerous and pointless.

Post  master5o1 Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:35 pm

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/10/01/0626228

Absolutely pointless. It is a failed attempt at blocking homebrew -- the HackMii crew have already released an update to work around this.

More importantly, the update upgrades the boot loader (Boot2) to version 4. The problem about this is that the code to install boot2 is very buggy and often fails.
    My release date Wii will likely be bricked if I update simply because of the Boot2 update Neutral Meh. Not going to anyway, haven't upgraded since 4.0 (July?)
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Wii System Update to version 4.2 --- dangerous and pointless. Empty Re: Wii System Update to version 4.2 --- dangerous and pointless.

Post  Psalter Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:06 pm

How cute, people still play Nintendo.
    superarmy
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

Wii System Update to version 4.2 --- dangerous and pointless. Empty Re: Wii System Update to version 4.2 --- dangerous and pointless.

Post  superarmy Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:26 pm

master5o1 wrote:http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/10/01/0626228

Absolutely pointless. It is a failed attempt at blocking homebrew -- the HackMii crew have already released an update to work around this.

More importantly, the update upgrades the boot loader (Boot2) to version 4. The problem about this is that the code to install boot2 is very buggy and often fails.
    My release date Wii will likely be bricked if I update simply because of the Boot2 update Neutral Meh. Not going to anyway, haven't upgraded since 4.0 (July?)
    >> Implying the Wii wasn't pointless already
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:56 pm

It isn't pointless when you have homebrew on it Very Happy

Also, mario galaxy / brawl / mario kart == best games ever.

also: U R MR GAY!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:19 pm