Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+2
Psalter
canterella
6 posters

They're talking about scary movies on SC

canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

They're talking about scary movies on SC Empty They're talking about scary movies on SC

Post  canterella Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 pm

Open Water

watch it tomorrow, TV2 8,30 pm
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

They're talking about scary movies on SC Empty Re: They're talking about scary movies on SC

Post  Psalter Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:06 pm

I heard that was 2.(something) hours of nothing and 5 minutes of arrrghhh!
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

They're talking about scary movies on SC Empty Re: They're talking about scary movies on SC

Post  master5o1 Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Psalter wrote:I heard that was 2.(something) hours of nothing and 5 minutes of arrrghhh!

You'd need to loop the 5 minutes of arrrghhh! for 2 hours before it becomes as scary as /b/ to a newfag.
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:36 am

yeah, maybe it's boring for those who like gross-out guts and gore galore horrors, but meh - the before mentioned don't do anything for me, I like it to be more subtle.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:16 pm

canterella wrote:yeah, maybe it's boring for those who like gross-out guts and gore galore horrors, but meh - the before mentioned don't do anything for me, I like it to be more subtle.

I prefer horror films where one doesn't get scared from watching the film, but has a sudden and uncontrollable shit-scared episode several hours afterwards when they do something regular.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 pm

canterella wrote:yeah, maybe it's boring for those who like gross-out guts and gore galore horrors, but meh - the before mentioned don't do anything for me, I like it to be more subtle.

I too like movies that use creativity to scare it's audience as opposed to how much gore and blood a movie can use. I don't think Open Water is all that great or scary. The Blair Witch Project (first time around) was far more exhilarating... and that's saying something
    Rag_Bag
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Rag_Bag Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:42 am

master5o1 wrote:

I prefer horror films where one doesn't get scared from watching the film, but has a sudden and uncontrollable shit-scared episode several hours afterwards when they do something regular.

The Mothman Prophecies did that for me
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:56 am

the scariest thing about Open Water is how they filmed it - to get a shot of sharks swimming from left to right, they dragged some raw bleeding meat from left to right. And then, they threw the actors into the water - there was a couple of times they had to get the actors out f the water as the sharks were getting a bit frisky, but once they calmed down, they got back in.

MENTAL

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:52 pm