Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+5
Lynz
Psalter
superarmy
Diaz
canterella
9 posters

Triumph of ignorance and scaremongering

Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Triumph of ignorance and scaremongering - Page 2 Empty Re: Triumph of ignorance and scaremongering

Post  Diaz Tue May 12, 2009 11:36 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Triumph of ignorance and scaremongering - Page 2 Empty Re: Triumph of ignorance and scaremongering

Post  master5o1 Wed May 13, 2009 9:03 am

lol cancer.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Wed May 13, 2009 6:23 pm

Diaz wrote:
    Tikva wrote:When I have researched both sides of this issue, I deliberately stayed away from any website that was not a medically or scientifically well known one. I read articles on the FDA and CDC websites, as well as a couple of others that I forget the names of. After reading the scientific information provided on those websites, there was one that rang the alarm bells, for me anyway.

I wonder if it's possible that someone can 'spot' what it was in the article that started those those bells ringing.........

I'm still waiting....

Tell all. I love it when someone reckons they've got something all the sciency people missed.

This is what I laugh at too. Married to a molecular biologist really opens your eyes to how much research really needs to be done before you can even think of going to human trials (let alone selling it).

The wife has been working on a treatment that will effectively end muscle wasting in cancer, MD, AIDS etc. for 6 years they have been working with mice... they just got ethics approval to move it up a notch... sorry, half a notch... they can now test on rats.

6 years!
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Thu May 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Fri May 15, 2009 11:03 am

Ah, but when you are a graduate from the University of Google you know more than them doctors and scientists, ya know Cool Cool
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Fri May 15, 2009 11:05 am

I wish someone invented a vaccine against norovirus (and any gastro virus really)!!!
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Sat May 16, 2009 6:00 pm

canterella wrote:I wish someone invented a vaccine against norovirus (and any gastro virus really)!!!

i wish someone invented a vaccine against bad moderators.
    debs
    debs
    Giant
    Giant

Post  debs Sat May 16, 2009 11:23 pm

canterella wrote:I wish someone invented a vaccine against norovirus (and any gastro virus really)!!!

There is one isn't there, I remember reading a childrens book at my GP's about a vaccination against a nasty tummy bug
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Sat May 16, 2009 11:30 pm

debs wrote:

There is one isn't there, I remember reading a childrens book at my GP's about a vaccination against a nasty tummy bug

lies
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Sun May 17, 2009 11:12 pm

The thing is it's almost impossible with tummy bugs, most of them are viral and are impossible to culture.

There is a vaccine for Rotavirus, which is very common in children but not for any of the other culprits that I know of.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Mon May 18, 2009 12:07 am

Diaz wrote:The thing is it's almost impossible with tummy bugs, most of them are viral and are impossible to culture.

There is a vaccine for Rotavirus, which is very common in children but not for any of the other culprits that I know of.

Rotavirus is the virus that affects Rotarua.
    debs
    debs
    Giant
    Giant

Post  debs Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 am

Diaz wrote:The thing is it's almost impossible with tummy bugs, most of them are viral and are impossible to culture.

Ah that must of been the book I read, I wasn't impressed to be honest. The book was nothing but propaganda for children.
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Wed May 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Haven't seen that one. I presume it isn't funded, sp perhaps that's why there's a glossy out there. Kind of proves the point that reading a bit more is needed, with the usual caveats. I think most children have rotavirus by the age of three, any older and it wouldn't even be worth considering.
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Wed May 20, 2009 10:43 pm

Diaz wrote:
    Tikva wrote:When I have researched both sides of this issue, I deliberately stayed away from any website that was not a medically or scientifically well known one. I read articles on the FDA and CDC websites, as well as a couple of others that I forget the names of. After reading the scientific information provided on those websites, there was one that rang the alarm bells, for me anyway.

I wonder if it's possible that someone can 'spot' what it was in the article that started those those bells ringing.........

I'm still waiting....

Tell all. I love it when someone reckons they've got something all the sciency people missed.

Hmmmmm, I'd love for you to show me where I said that?

It is one simple line, right near the Heading in fact"

Rapid Approval Marks Major Advancement in Public Health

Rapid Approval. And as far as I am concerned, too rapid. Give it a few more years and my views may change, but that's where they are at right now. And it seems that about 83% of those Parents who have children eligible for the vaccine are just as concerned about it, as according to a doctor I spoke to yesterday, only 17% of those eligible have received the vaccine.

And regarding you're waiting ~ sometimes, I'm just not in the mood for banging my head against a brick wall. You have your opinions based upon facts as to why you endorse and support this vaccine, and I have my opinions, also based upon facts, as to why I don't. Neither of us are going to change that, are we?
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Thu May 21, 2009 2:09 pm

H
    mmmmm, I'd love for you to show me where I said that?

It is one simple line, right near the Heading in fact"

Rapid Approval Marks Major Advancement in Public Health

Rapid Approval. And as far as I am concerned, too rapid. Give it a few more years and my views may change, but that's where they are at right now. And it seems that about 83% of those Parents who have children eligible for the vaccine are just as concerned about it, as according to a doctor I spoke to yesterday, only 17% of those eligible have received the vaccine.

And regarding you're waiting ~ sometimes, I'm just not in the mood for banging my head against a brick wall. You have your opinions based upon facts as to why you endorse and support this vaccine, and I have my opinions, also based upon facts, as to why I don't. Neither of us are going to change that, are we?

The word "rapid" is used as a relative term. There was nothing Hasty about it.

"As according to a Doctor I spoke to" is hardly evidence... but even if it was, all it proves is the veracity of the thread heading. Scaremongering and ignorance wins. But I would give the 17-83 figure very little credit. Sounds a little made up.

Facts? What facts do you base your opinion on? You are entitled to your opinion regardless, but as I have seen so far, you have raised zero facts.

Prove me wrong.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Thu May 21, 2009 6:24 pm

Have you got The Sickness?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:46 pm