Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

4 posters

Revolutionary changes in pipeline for royal family

relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Revolutionary changes in pipeline for royal family Empty Revolutionary changes in pipeline for royal family

Post  relict Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:10 am

Revolutionary changes in pipeline for royal family

Three quotes from the article:

"If they go ahead, the changes would sweep away a 308-year ban on members of the royal family succeeding to the throne if they marry Roman Catholics, along with laws giving men priority over their older sisters in becoming heir to the throne."

"If the changes were introduced retrospectively it would mean Princess Anne would leap ahead of her brothers, princes Andrew and Edward and their children, from 10th in line to the throne to fourth behind Prince Charles and his sons, princes William and Harry."

"Kings and queens would continue to be banned from converting to Catholicism. Their children would also have to be raised as protestants to ensure they retained their position in the line of succession."

(Source: stuff.co.nz, 28/03/09)

I guess the proposed changes are improvements.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Revolutionary changes in pipeline for royal family Empty Re: Revolutionary changes in pipeline for royal family

Post  master5o1 Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:38 am

Atheism > *
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Revolutionary changes in pipeline for royal family Empty I like our Monarchs...

Post  Waireka Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:59 pm

Smile I enjoyed the movie 'The Queen', but I also love the history the monarchy has.

Although they are now more for show than anything, a scene in this movie made me think, she told Tony Blair he was her (?) somethingth primeminister, the first being Winston Churchill, what an amazing life she's had and what an education. She also went to war as a mechanic?
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Revolutionary changes in pipeline for royal family Empty Re: Revolutionary changes in pipeline for royal family

Post  relict Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:14 am

Yeah, I enjoyed watching it too, though I've never called myself a fan. I'd forgotten, if I knew, she'd been an engineer.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:02 am

I enjoyed nothing.
    debs
    debs
    Giant
    Giant

Post  debs Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:17 am

I still have not seen that movie

Its on my "one day" list, lol
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:53 pm

My one day list is sitting in the video store waiting to be rented when I will one day have the money to be bothered renting them...(time==money, so no need to say 'time and money')

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:40 pm