Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+11
Diaz
frankiec
Tikva
Donkeycheese
master5o1
superarmy
debs
Anjewel
Lynz
Kosmick
canterella
15 posters

Tony Veitch - the latest

Don Speekingleesh
    Mortal
    Mortal

Tony Veitch - the latest - Page 3 Empty Re: Tony Veitch - the latest

Post  Don Speekingleesh Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Its attention seeking for the sake of ongoing publicity. If it was real, you wouldnt hear jack till he succeeded in doing the job. Suicide notes are goodbye notes, not "help save my sorry arse" notes!
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:59 pm

You will no doubt notice that the Police decided to investigate the allegations before Dunne-Powell lodged any formal complaint against him with them. I personally find that a bit odd, but am aware that the Police are well within their rights to do so.

My problem is that they appear to pick and choose the crimes they investigate and prosecute based NOT upon the crime itself, but upon whether or not the Media know about it. Three times in the past 2 years I have been to the Police, to lay 3 complaints of "Male Assaults Female" against my ex husband, and still, nothing, nada, not interested (yet). Although my Ex assaulted me far more than 3 times during our relationship, there are only 3 occasions for which I have any evidence, and which also occurred in the last 10 years (kinda like the statute of limitations for this particular offence), hence the low number of complaints.

I am left to wonder ~ if my ex was someone who was in the public eye, as Tony Veitch was, would the outcome up to this point have been different to what I have experienced?

Don't have to wonder for long though ~ the answer is glaringly obvious.

I guess that Dunne Powell would have a lot of evidence, as in ACC and hospital records, medical bills etc and probably a witness as well.
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:54 pm

As do I - medical evidence, and witnesses. So now what is the difference? Other than the fact that for Dunne Powell it only happened once?
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Tikva wrote:As do I - medical evidence, and witnesses. So now what is the difference? Other than the fact that for Dunne Powell it only happened once?

The difference was you are not in the Public eye, so the Police can pick wether or not to proceed with any investigation...With Veitch, he was in the Public eye, and the Media frenzy would force the Police to investigate, to get it off their backs...

Such a bugger that it depends on who you are....
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Exactly my point, Anjewel!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:58 am