Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+14
Janny
Anjewel
relict
canterella
Rag_Bag
Tikva
woody67
Waireka
metcalfj
debs
happycamper
KiwiCrichton
master5o1
Jesus Christ
18 posters

Waireka...

happycamper
    happycamper
    Giant
    Giant

Waireka... - Page 3 Empty Re: Waireka...

Post  happycamper Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:57 pm

master5o1 wrote:
    happycamper wrote:Who is this guest person?

George.
    Do you mean George of the jungle?
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:17 pm

happycamper wrote:
    master5o1 wrote:
    happycamper wrote:Who is this guest person?

George.
    Do you mean George of the jungle?

No, George from Bebo (linked)
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Also, someone change the colours in the ACP that controls the links so that the default colour for a link is darker/lighter than the text.

That is the only thing I dislike about the current theme.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Anjewel wrote:Rachel has left the building...?...Becoming a habit...

the same thing is happening here as with other places so before it all blows up again rachel chose to leave.

she doesnt want to get into arguments here its not fair on the forum owners so she chose to leave.

A prett smart idea me thinks no big drama with a I leaving thread.
    MereMortalBeing
    MereMortalBeing
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  MereMortalBeing Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:47 pm

This is really funny!! Very Happy
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:54 pm

MereMortalBeing wrote:This is really funny!! Very Happy

Not quite.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:10 pm

master5o1 wrote:
    MereMortalBeing wrote:This is really funny!! Very Happy

Not quite.

I didn't laugh either...

Hi TDO....
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:36 pm

hi anjewle I'm fuken drunk
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:29 am

Well, I'm stoned............. Cool
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:36 pm

well im sober
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:11 pm

Tikva wrote:Well, I'm stoned............. Cool

Im bloody jealous...
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:11 pm

the distant one wrote:hi anjewle I'm fuken drunk

Becoming quite the habit you lucky bastard...
    Rag_Bag
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Rag_Bag Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:48 pm

the distant one wrote:
    Anjewel wrote:Rachel has left the building...?...Becoming a habit...

the same thing is happening here as with other places so before it all blows up again rachel chose to leave.

she doesnt want to get into arguments here its not fair on the forum owners so she chose to leave.

A prett smart idea me thinks no big drama with a I leaving thread.

Oh really? Oh what a pity... But every forum needs the sour to appreciate the sweet properly
    lois lane
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  lois lane Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:47 pm

Well I for one will miss ydkem. She's refreshing, to the point and honest, and I'd like to see her return ... tdo pass it on.
    Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Tikva Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:56 pm

Oh really? Oh what a pity... But every forum needs the sour to appreciate the sweet properly

If (which I believe it is) you are implying that YDEKM is the 'sour', then I take offence to that. Whilst her and I have had many run-ins in the past, there was a time when she was there for me, trying to help me and support me emotionally. She showed me kindness, but unfortunately it was at a time when I could not see it as such.

Don't you dare imply that she is sour ~ you don't know her personally, and whilst I don't either, I can certainly guarantee that I have seen a very different side to her.
    Rag_Bag
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Rag_Bag Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Well we will have to agree to disagree there tikva.

There is a fine line between being blunt/honest/to the point and being tactless, arrogant and deliberately snarky just for the sake of it... This is a line I have watched her cross all too often.

Yes she has been very supportive of a number of people, that doesn't make her a saint or change her predeliction for nastiness if the mood strikes her.

And as I said - watching her spit tacks is what makes people appreciate her softer side more.

Last edited by Rag_Bag on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *edit for spelling mistake)
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Rag_Bag wrote:Well we will have to agree to disagree there tikva.

There is a fine line between being blunt/honest/to the point and being tactless, arrogant and deliberately snarky just for the sake of it... This is a line I have watched her cross all too often.

Yes she has been very supportive of a number of people, that doesn't make her a saint or change her predeliction for nastiness if the mood strikes her.

And as I said - watching her spit tacks is what makes people appreciate her softer side more.

interesting point of view. I am yet to see her get nasty on purpose to anyone and I am in the best position to judge I would say.

Just cause YDEKM calls it how she sees it doesnt make it nasty... everythign she has said on this forum happened. jsut cause yu dont like it in the "public domain" thats not her problem.

Interesting that I have never seen the name Rag Bag in SC or any other forums.... so why needing a different name.... nevber seen YDEKM do that, so I would say YDEKM has one up on ya there
    Rag_Bag
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Rag_Bag Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:53 pm

the distant one wrote:Interesting that I have never seen the name Rag Bag in SC or any other forums.... so why needing a different name.... nevber seen YDEKM do that, so I would say YDEKM has one up on ya there

Just because you have never seen the name, does not mean that it has not been there. I believe that if I bothered to post in the SCemetary that I have been around long enough to have a green star.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Rag_Bag wrote:
    the distant one wrote:Interesting that I have never seen the name Rag Bag in SC or any other forums.... so why needing a different name.... nevber seen YDEKM do that, so I would say YDEKM has one up on ya there

Just because you have never seen the name, does not mean that it has not been there. I believe that if I bothered to post in the SCemetary that I have been around long enough to have a green star.

ah well when I am proven wrong then I'll believe it and considering YDEKM has been banned from SC for the apst two years apart from a few weeks or so you must be holding some very long grudges unless ou also belong to other forums thats I have never seen you in
    Rag_Bag
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Rag_Bag Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Not holding grudges distant one - just observing

And so far, I find this forum interesting enough to actually comment. Not yet because I have seen a debate I currently wish to participate in, but I would like to see the forum succeed
    Abbey
    Abbey
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Abbey Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Rag_Bag wrote:

I agree with you on above statement Rag_Bag. No one likes everyone. Whether real life or computer life. Disagreements will always arise. If YDEKM wishes to join forums, then leaves, that is her choice. I don't care if she stays or leaves.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:37 pm

Rag_Bag wrote:Not holding grudges distant one - just observing

And so far, I find this forum interesting enough to actually comment. Not yet because I have seen a debate I currently wish to participate in, but I would like to see the forum succeed

as I said until you can prove that you have been a great long time memeber of sc like you claim then I will still doubt your just another person willing to hide behind another user name.
    lois lane
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  lois lane Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:37 pm

Well I'm posting under a different name - I'm looking for superman lol or at least Clark Kent ... just felt like a differnet name for awhile - I'll revert back when my personality decides i should!

I totally agee re ydekm - she never has the need to hide behind another forum name. Yes she's blunt and to the point, and possibly a bit tactless at times - but who isn't? Give me her anyday over some of the sickly sweet 'nice' posters.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:56 am

im not sure i should spread this into yet another thread but so i'll post it here:

Administrator
    Car owner Rear-Admiral(retired) of Starship Zambuka

[avatar]

Support the blackout campaign

[homepage] [send pm]

[ Exalt | Smite ]
    Re: Latest banning...mwaahhhhhhh
    « Reply #35 on Apr 12, 2009, 11:44pm » [Quote]
    I see Psalter has just copped a 3 month ban and is posting in Tart-ar-us that he has finished with sc and won't go back...??

Also...there are a couple of new posters there..Abbey and rag bag that seem to have their heads screwed on the right way...I am still sitting in the welcome thread awaiting whatever comes my way...has been interesting for the first week or so , so far :-/...unearthed a bit of what's going on and who is leaving..(ydekm, has left the site) :-/ :-/ :-X...and Patty11 is Canteraba? or similar , and not Linmac...Waireka is spouting on as per....Janny is telling who to do what to and Wink generally , i think it has strong links to the O/C site..?? Our City...ffs.. ;D...and still no one will own up to owning/starting the site or be responsible for anything...seems typical of things these days...but generally , you are known by your friends , so we will see who are friends of the site...Tikva , anjewell , Cantabera (Patty 11), Janny , Relic(?), TDO , ydekm(resigned) ,Waireka , Psalter , master 5o1 , Kiwicrichton , happycamper....Roderick...no pattern there , that I can see... Razz
    « Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:00am by Roderick »
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Post  relict Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:28 am

(Quoting from Roderick ...)
    the distant one wrote:and still no one will own up to owning/starting the site or be responsible for anything...seems typical of things these days...but generally , you are known by your friends , so we will see who are friends of the site...Tikva , anjewell , Cantabera (Patty 11), Janny , Relic(?), TDO , ydekm(resigned) ,Waireka , Psalter , master 5o1 , Kiwicrichton , happycamper....Roderick...no pattern there , that I can see... Razz
    « Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:00am by Roderick »

Well yes, the owners are clear - they have their usernames identified, and they post in the forum. As for their more familiar usernames (if they have any), they would be no more real than their Tartarus ones!

Oh, and my name is 'relict'! Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 pm