Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

5 posters

Bitching on arse-about-facebook will get you sued fool

Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Bitching on arse-about-facebook will get you sued fool Empty Bitching on arse-about-facebook will get you sued fool

Post  Donkeycheese Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:56 pm

from
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10650688

Employees venting workplace anger to their Facebook friends should face legal action, the Employers and Manufacturers Association (EMA) says.

"Some employees continue to say things on their social networking pages forgetting it isn't private. Businesses must not sit back and allow their reputations to be sullied by the thoughtless comments of employees or ex-employees."

I wonder if the rules are the same when I have a wine with someone and they bitch about their job. If someone overhears, are they vulnerable to legal action? If they are, then all of NZ's workforce is open to legal action, as I am sure we have ALL bitched about our jobs at some stage or another
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Bitching on arse-about-facebook will get you sued fool Empty Re: Bitching on arse-about-facebook will get you sued fool

Post  83T'na Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Donkeycheese wrote:from
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10650688

I wonder if the rules are the same when I have a wine with someone and they bitch about their job. If someone overhears, are they vulnerable to legal action? If they are, then all of NZ's workforce is open to legal action, as I am sure we have ALL bitched about our jobs at some stage or another

It depends who hears, I guess. If it's someone who has some connection to where you work, they could blab on you, just the same as your boss could be looking at your facebook page.
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Bitching on arse-about-facebook will get you sued fool Empty Re: Bitching on arse-about-facebook will get you sued fool

Post  ChelseaT Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:06 pm

I'll admit to bitching about my ex-employer many many times. I can't remember if I named them or not. But my friends that knew where I worked, knew who I was talking about.

I don't understand how it can be illegal if it's true?
    I made it known on FB that my employer was deliberately misleading its customers in regards to where a product was produced.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:11 pm

ChelseaT wrote:I'll admit to bitching about my ex-employer many many times. I can't remember if I named them or not. But my friends that knew where I worked, knew who I was talking about.

I don't understand how it can be illegal if it's true?
    I made it known on FB that my employer was deliberately misleading its customers in regards to where a product was produced.

You're probably safe then, hon. They won't want to have to disprove what you said.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:17 pm

I used to bitch about work all the time on FB, never named my employer, or what my specific grievances were, just that I was fed up or something. But my statuses are all private, although it wouldn't help that I have several colleagues from that time as friends, including my boss' daughter.

But my boss loved me so it's all good. She had the same complaints if not more than I did.
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:22 pm

I really have no love for the EMA. They strike me as a bunch of anal control freaks who would prefer it if the pesky workers didn't get so uppity.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:31 pm

izzi wrote:I really have no love for the EMA. They strike me as a bunch of anal control freaks who would prefer it if the pesky workers didn't get so uppity.

izzi for union rep? Cool
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:05 pm

83T'na wrote:
    izzi wrote:I really have no love for the EMA. They strike me as a bunch of anal control freaks who would prefer it if the pesky workers didn't get so uppity.

izzi for union rep? Cool

Have been known to take on that roll when the need arises.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:35 pm