Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+3
Psalter
Waireka
Donkeycheese
7 posters

Wireless Router

Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Wireless Router Empty Wireless Router

Post  Donkeycheese Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:36 am

https://www.flybuys.co.nz/GetRewards/pages/reward.aspx?RewardID=2504&OutletID=0

Hey all - need to get a wireless network happening at home (about to get a laptop, and for my iPhone)

The above is available on flybuys - was hoping someon with more techy experience than me could comment on a Yay or Nay

Cheers all
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Wireless Router Empty Re: Wireless Router

Post  Waireka Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:40 am

Donkeycheese wrote:https://www.flybuys.co.nz/GetRewards/pages/reward.aspx?RewardID=2504&OutletID=0

Hey all - need to get a wireless network happening at home (about to get a laptop, and for my iPhone)

The above is available on flybuys - was hoping someon with more techy experience than me could comment on a Yay or Nay

Cheers all

YOU DON'T HAVE WIRELESS IN YOUR HOME? Sad

I would go insane. iPhone wanders around with me, as does the laptop.

You're going to love it and I have no idea, hubby does all the tech stuff.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:43 am

S'all good... what is 795 points in dollars though?
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:56 am

Psalter wrote:S'all good... what is 795 points in dollars though?

fucked if I know - we've got the mortgage and stuff on flybuys now and have about 2500 points. Wife wants a mini-vacuum cleaner so thought I better arrange something a bit less, well, girl
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 am

I can't give you technical advice, but when we were switching to another ISP they advised us on which particular brand of router we needed to use for our connection, because the b/b package included our landline phone going through the router. You may consider some other possibilities, so you better get info from your provider.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Be cheeky, ring your provider and tell them you are thinking of switching providers because they offer you a new wireless router and pretty much the same prices. Ask what they will do to keep you on.

They will probably give you the router and credit.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Psalter wrote:Be cheeky, ring your provider and tell them you are thinking of switching providers because they offer you a new wireless router and pretty much the same prices. Ask what they will do to keep you on.

Slightly less likely but technically still possible, they may just come to your house and rape you instead. You've been warned.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 pm

____ wrote:
    Psalter wrote:Be cheeky, ring your provider and tell them you are thinking of switching providers because they offer you a new wireless router and pretty much the same prices. Ask what they will do to keep you on.

Slightly less likely but technically still possible, they may just come to your house and rape you instead. You've been warned.

i had no idea you were working for an ISP Savant - still, bring a box of chocolates and a cigar for after yeah?
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Donkeycheese wrote:
    ____ wrote:

i had no idea you were working for an ISP Savant - still, bring a box of chocolates and a cigar for after yeah?

I don't. I demanded a router...
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:55 pm

my broadband went down sometime a couple of weeks back... i rang to see what the hap's were and was told it was my end, no my connection to their end was where the issue was so after winning that arguement (stupid Indians!!!) I was then told I was eligible for another modem and they would be happy to send me a free brand new one any time i asked.

I already have my belkin (which I think rocks) so will leave that for future needs.

As to suggestions... not sure, up to you
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Summoner wrote:my broadband went down sometime a couple of weeks back... i rang to see what the hap's were and was told it was my end, no my connection to their end was where the issue was so after winning that arguement (stupid Indians!!!) I was then told I was eligible for another modem and they would be happy to send me a free brand new one any time i asked.

I already have my belkin (which I think rocks) so will leave that for future needs.

As to suggestions... not sure, up to you

thank you for sharing
    but if sharing is all you have to offer, you would be better off posting boobie pictures to stop an earthquake

just like farmass to make life more difficult Laughing
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Nasty... you want boobs?? I'll give you boobs!!!

Just for donkey... because you know... we share this love of my body!!

Wireless Router Juicy-juggs
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Hey DC, Rachel here.

Check with your provider's broadband helpdesk first. You should be ok using any router BUT if you do get issues with setting it up, most ISPs are less than helpful because they dont support your brand/make/model of router (and the helpdesk staff are only reading out of a process manual).

The suggestion to threaten to transfer to another provider is a good one.... it's competitive out there at the moment and most ISPs are desperate to retain you.

If you do decide to buy it, and are with Telecom, let me know. I'll give you the name of someone to talk to.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Oh and we need to catch up, I have kiwisaver/house buying/$$$$$$$$$ questions.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:43 pm

we might have to have a "work meeting" - ie, I come meet you for a coffee and talk shyte. Oh, and I will do my job too

cheers for the lowdown on router - we're with slingshot - hard to leave them (5gig limit, with data between 1am and 7am not counting towards this limit,)
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Are you still working at the same place?

We should do circus circus again.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:13 pm

I also have some financial advice questions please Donkey. An exiled Nigerian Prince has recently contacted me requesting my help in transferring some funds out of his country of origin, promising to share the wealth with me.

Is this legit?
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Donkey, i facebook messaged you
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Donkey, I facebook added you.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:13 pm

1. I facebooked me too
    2. I added me as a friend, but may cull me for being a sack
    3. the nigerian is only after your white arse Savant - the dollars aren't really there
    4. Circus Circus is an excellent idea
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:42 pm

750 points if worth crapload on fly buys isnt it???

I'm sure dse and harveys have wireless modem for like 40 bucks... also please read the instructions and lock it off hahahaha then again I need some free wireless points round mt eden dairy to check my fbook during the day.

I also dont nominate circus circus I nominate cadrona or horse and trap... beer is much more friendlyer then coffee

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 5:37 am