Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+4
Waireka
Donkeycheese
Anjewel
ChelseaT
8 posters

Something different

ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Something different Empty Something different

Post  ChelseaT Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm bored of the bitching so I'm going to share something from my life.

An email my mother got from my cousin:

hey Aunty,
    you are probly a great aunty now. she was born bowt three weeks ago her name is Aurora. Barely even know the mother though lol. Must have a DNA test but odds are shes mine. Im in the middle of a deployment atm, goin to america and canada n stuff.

I have a new first cousin once removed! (You were right Waireka.)

My family is very very small. This cousin and I are the only grandies on this side, so additions are a big deal.

Welcome to the world baby Aurora, may your slutty parents be no limitation to the greatness you can achieve.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Something different Empty Re: Something different

Post  Anjewel Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:12 pm

..Congrats..
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:16 pm

I sent him an email saying that. But I'm still not sure if it's a "congratulations!" kind of thing to happen really Wink

Also, a warning. Girls, keep away from the Navy boys!
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Be nice if it is your cousins baby, if you could keep in touch with the babies mother, if he doesn't..My kids have a removed cousin...I heard about her, was always told by in laws not to go there, so I didn't listen, found her, and took my kids to meet her..Was awesome and she has been in their lives for years now...
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:51 pm

ChelseaT wrote:Also, a warning. Boys and Girls, keep away from the Navy boys!

fix'd
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Anjewel wrote:Be nice if it is your cousins baby, if you could keep in touch with the babies mother, if he doesn't..My kids have a removed cousin...I heard about her, was always told by in laws not to go there, so I didn't listen, found her, and took my kids to meet her..Was awesome and she has been in their lives for years now...

I think the mother lives in the same area as me, I'm just itching to find out who she is so I can walk up to the door and introduce myself. I reeeally hope my cousin keeps in contact with her. My mum's talking about flying back to NZ just to meet baby.

Donkeycheese wrote:
    ChelseaT wrote:Also, a warning. Boys and Girls, keep away from the Navy boys!
    fix'd

Too right! My aunty (his mum) gave him soap on a rope as a 'congrats for getting into the navy' present.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 pm

ChelseaT wrote:I have a new first cousin once removed! (You were right Waireka.)

Yay.

ChelseaT wrote:
    Anjewel wrote:Be nice if it is your cousins baby, if you could keep in touch with the babies mother, if he doesn't..My kids have a removed cousin...I heard about her, was always told by in laws not to go there, so I didn't listen, found her, and took my kids to meet her..Was awesome and she has been in their lives for years now...

I think the mother lives in the same area as me, I'm just itching to find out who she is so I can walk up to the door and introduce myself. I reeeally hope my cousin keeps in contact with her. My mum's talking about flying back to NZ just to meet baby.

Would be cool if she did fly back. One of my good guy mates knocked up a random a few years ago. He was never going to have any relationship with her, she realised this and has kept the baby from him and his family, he's a dick and doesn't seem to mind too much, but it crushes his mother that she has a grandson, but isn't able to see him. On the other end of examples, hubbys cousin did the same thing, his Mum rocked up to the girls house, they sat down, talked and now she gets to have her grandson every second weekend.
    woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  woody67 Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Congratulations on the new addition,and hope you get to be a part of her life from here on in.
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:58 pm

I really feel for parents and children in these kinds of situations. Firstly the financial obligations to both parents and then to a child who basically never has a father (or in rare cases, a mother).

As I get older I'm amazed at just how many people I know have unplanned pregnancies... sure a lot of them are couples who we're almost at the stage of planning... I don't hang out with losers... but still. Life really isn't a fairy tale... FUCK YOU Walt Disney.
    Wizz
    Wizz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Wizz Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:22 am

People from large families don't realise how important these relatives can be. My children have special connections with my cousin's kids because my siblings and their father's siblings never had any offspring.

I hope you and Aurora become great mates.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:30 pm

My cousins daughter has a "navy boy" dad. He hasn't really had much to do with her and she is 10 now... His family, however, always have her over to stay for holidays and such and involve her in all their family get togethers.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:52 pm