Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

5 posters

Can you not be charged with 'Home Invasion'?

Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Can you not be charged with 'Home Invasion'? Empty Can you not be charged with 'Home Invasion'?

Post  Waireka Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:32 am

Story

Because that is scary, the charges seem light when you consider the potential his actions had and the terror he put his victim through.
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Can you not be charged with 'Home Invasion'? Empty Re: Can you not be charged with 'Home Invasion'?

Post  frup Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:16 pm

It's burglary. There is no "Home Invasion" charge. Burglary is entering property with intent to commit a crime. You don't have to enter a property to steal, entering to anything punishable by imprisonment is sufficient

The man they arrested was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, Ms De Bes said. "When seen, regular burglars run in the other direction, not after people."

This sounds sinister.
    Brokeback
    Brokeback
    Mortal
    Mortal

Can you not be charged with 'Home Invasion'? Empty Re: Can you not be charged with 'Home Invasion'?

Post  Brokeback Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:15 am

I thought it was home invasion if you are home and burglary if you aren't. Id like to be more familiar with this law just in case shit ever goes down in my house. Also if someone is invading your home and you break their neck is it considered manslaughter or self defence?
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:00 pm

Nope, as far as I can tell anything relating to Home Invasion has been repealed from the crimes act 1961. Have a look on legislation.govt.nz , it's fairly well laid out and you can learn a lot.

There is aggravated burglary which involves a burglary in possession of or using a weapon. The max punishment rises to 14 years from 10 years for that... though New Zealand rarely hands out full sentences.
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:05 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 pm

I don't remember a time when frup has ever been wrong. Except in some circumstances with spelling, and perhaps some other minor issues. Not so much in public though.
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:21 pm

master5o1 wrote:I don't remember a time when frup has ever been wrong. Except in some circumstances with spelling, and perhaps some other minor issues. Not so much in public though.

Well compared to you Razz
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:25 pm

frup wrote:
    master5o1 wrote:I don't remember a time when frup has ever been wrong. Except in some circumstances with spelling, and perhaps some other minor issues. Not so much in public though.

Well compared to you Razz

I don't know anyone else who would be worth comparing with.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:22 pm