Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+3
master5o1
relict
metcalfj
7 posters

March For Democracy NZ

Poll

Is Silknvada a total Cretin

[ 8 ]
    March For Democracy NZ Bar_left73%March For Democracy NZ Bar_right [73%] 
    [ 0 ]
    March For Democracy NZ Bar_left0%March For Democracy NZ Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    March For Democracy NZ Bar_left27%March For Democracy NZ Bar_right [27%] 

Total Votes: 11
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

March For Democracy NZ Empty March For Democracy NZ

Post  metcalfj Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:01 pm

What ever your views are on smacking, what do you think of this person's attempt to futher their view in a public forum??

http://www.smilecity.co.nz/Community/ForumPost.aspx?topicid=186415
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

March For Democracy NZ Empty Re: March For Democracy NZ

Post  relict Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Nice to see your posts there, metcalfj!

I found Silky's use of the term 'big picture' a little frustrating.
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  metcalfj Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:17 pm

As a general rule, I try not to get involved in serious discussion on SC (or anywhere on the net), but the stupidity quotient there is getting so high that I find myself unable to resist.....
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Voter turnout is 56.09%. Turnout is calculated by taking the total votes cast of 1,684,402 (being total valid and invalid votes) as a percentage of the total number of voters enrolled as at 30 July 2009 (3,002,968).

http://www.elections.org.nz/record/2009-referendum-result.html

1,470,755 / 3,002,968 = 48.98%

A minority wanted to change the law.
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:09 am

Definitely a cretin.

However, I'd like to smack senseless the march organisers. I'd even use a wooden spoon for more control.
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  metcalfj Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:40 pm

People have the right to march in protest (even though in my opinion they are wrong in this case). What pisses me off is the number of people who are clearly unable to actually make their own decision marching just because someone said it was a good idea. People like the cretin.
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:00 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lynz
    Lynz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Lynz Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:37 am

metcalfj wrote:People have the right to march in protest (even though in my opinion they are wrong in this case). What pisses me off is the number of people who are clearly unable to actually make their own decision marching just because someone said it was a good idea. People like the cretin.

You surely don't think D_B, Q_M and other Fister morons have the ability to think critically do you?

Tis a bit like the Health Care debate in the Great Satan. Doesn't take much to excite the idiot class. Which easily covers 90% of the population. Both here and there.
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  metcalfj Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Lynz wrote:
    metcalfj wrote:People have the right to march in protest (even though in my opinion they are wrong in this case). What pisses me off is the number of people who are clearly unable to actually make their own decision marching just because someone said it was a good idea. People like the cretin.

You surely don't think D_B, Q_M and other Fister morons have the ability to think critically do you?

Tis a bit like the Health Care debate in the Great Satan. Doesn't take much to excite the idiot class. Which easily covers 90% of the population. Both here and there.

No, they do not have the ability to think critically (which is why the debate is going around in circles with D_B never actually using his 6yr old comprehension skills and actually reading my posts.) But at least he has an opinion (as misguided and foolish as it is), the cretin is just going for a walk to look at the pretty balloons because he is too damned stupid to form any sort of opinion at all.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:39 pm

Has anyone else noticed that they're bribing people to come? I hear they're giving spot prizes and other junk away.
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:00 pm

My girlfriend was surprised at my negative reaction towards it when she informed me she was going.

I looked at her, almost laughed, groaned and said, most of Germany supported Hitler too.

I then spent a 20 minute drive explaining to her that people were easily collectively stupid.

She protested.
    I used examples such as how MMP was bought in by referendum, and now seems to be hated and using more referenda to fix.

I said the law for such important issues needs to be more stable than allowing the whims of societies uneducated legal fashions.

and on and on and on.

She hasn't returned my texts today...

Embarassed
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  metcalfj Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Ok, so as my democratic voting process allowed anyone to vote (even if only 11 people choose to vote) I can now categorically confirm that by majority vote Silknvada is in fact a cretin. I have the democratic right to ignore all facts (such as any medical assessment which denies his status as a cretin) and doggedly reiterate that he is actually a cretin since 'the people' have decided that he is. We can also ignore the fact that 72% and 27% do not add up to 100%.

The People have spoken.
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Post  relict Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:29 pm

metcalfj wrote:Ok, so as my democratic voting process allowed anyone to vote (even if only 11 people choose to vote) I can now categorically confirm that by majority vote Silknvada is in fact a cretin. I have the democratic right to ignore all facts (such as any medical assessment which denies his status as a cretin) and doggedly reiterate that he is actually a cretin since 'the people' have decided that he is. We can also ignore the fact that 72% and 27% do not add up to 100%.

The People have spoken.

Brilliant!
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  metcalfj Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Other than using choose in place of chose, I have to agree..... Embarassed
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  metcalfj Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Roger of Camel, I thought you might appreciate my little attempt at irony here.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:16 pm