Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+10
Donkeycheese
Wizz
Diaz
Linno
canterella
Summoner
relict
dabiarch
flat_tack
Psalter
14 posters

Leaving and making a fuss.

Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Leaving and making a fuss. Empty Leaving and making a fuss.

Post  Psalter Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:27 pm

It's more like the clearing out that lots of narking and deletion causes, unfortunately. It's something that has a very negative effect on any discussion, because it effectively kills it.

If wren has left not much can be done about it, but I do like the style of just going without making a big drama about it if it is the case. Otherwise it looks kind of dumb when you start posting again a few days after spitting the dummy.

What are your thoughts?

Personally, I publicly spat the dummy for a reason, it needed to be demonstrated, loudly, and dramatically the glaring contradictions in the SC gang-victim dynamic. I left because I was ganged up on, because people deliberately ignored the meanings of my posts, and because I was accused of bullying and (virtual) stand-over tactics.

When I left, I felt it necessary to announce my leaving for this reason, and one more... bolstering Tartarus. People that are capable of rational thought, reason, and debate were likely to email me because (at the risk of sounding vain) these people would obviously like (if not agree with) what I had to contribute.

I made a fuss because I will never return, SC needed to be made self aware(no skynet issues there) and I want to continue that which I liked about SC.

I believe wren will return, so I don't think my reasons would apply to her.
    flat_tack
    flat_tack
    Giant
    Giant

Leaving and making a fuss. Empty Re: Leaving and making a fuss.

Post  flat_tack Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:27 pm

Can't remember what I did last time it happened somewhere.

I think my style is to state: "Look, I really can't be fucked any more - I won't be back." Just so people aren't left hanging. But I don't go back to see what the reaction is, because if I've reached that state, I just don't care and whatever the reaction, it won't change my mind, so there's hardly any point.

Probably has a lot to do with what you hope to achieve out of "leaving" or why, ie - making a statement, feeling needy and wanting to feel wanted, escaping, anger, being fed up... they'll all provoke different reactions, I think.

(there's a word on the tip of my tongue/fingers that means "being fed up" and I can't bring it to mind. I blame the pregnancy fog... can someone help me out here or it'll bug hell outta me!!)
    dabiarch
    dabiarch
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  dabiarch Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:47 pm

exsaperated perhaps
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Post  relict Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:53 pm

Psalter wrote:When I left, I felt it necessary to announce my leaving ...

I saw wren's last post, which Woman deleted.

It basically just said she'd had enough of mod deletions unrelated to content; farewell; and that she'd reconsider if/when the city welcomes discussion once more.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:21 pm

Which isn't technically a threat SC would care about. Is she a member here? If not why not?

Once upon a time in SC people that made a fuss about leaving returned pretty much not long after... it still happens just look at Kiwicrichton.

I noticed the ones that left quietly actually stayed away.
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:40 pm

awww it's a shame that Wren left...but I'm not surprised.
    I lol'd at michelln's subtle dig at NW's leaving/comeback.
    Linno
    Linno
    Giant
    Giant

Post  Linno Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:02 pm

First thoughts are that making a fuss seems a bit dramatic, since it seems odd to me that people could care enough about the goings on (or goings off) of an forum enough to have genuine feelings of being let down (either by forum members or by site admin.) Also any 'point' that is attempted to be made will IMHO be ineffectual as I'm sure the head honchos of SC hardly care much about the actual inner workings of the forum, and all the retarded members will never change (they don't have the mental capacity for self-reflection). Gee I'm rather a pessimist aren't I.

Anyway, that's not to say I think all "fuss-makers" are drama queens, nor do I think it is a completely futile venture. As I guess it can't hurt for people to voice why they are dissatisfied enough to leave, it's just that I personally could never imagine being aggrieved enough to be compelled to "make a fuss".
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:46 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wizz
    Wizz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Wizz Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:14 pm

I'm confused now?! I thought relict to be the altar ego of wren! So who is relict and who is wren's persona in tartarus? Kosmick? Who the fuck is summoner and who the fuck am I come to that?

confused
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:47 pm

Wizz wrote:I'm confused now?! I thought relict to be the altar ego of wren! So who is relict and who is wren's persona in tartarus? Kosmick? Who the fuck is summoner and who the fuck am I come to that?

confused

Go to my poll thread and make a guess.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:23 am

I have a heap of points in the ebank, that fall due in December. I think I will cash them in then and bail. I will probably write a farewell thread - but only because I promised everyone a picture of my cock with "www.smilecity.co.nz" written on it. Interestingly (to me), I have been dared to get the "http://" in as well, so I may need a BIG day!

I like the idea of flipping the bird on the way out, and naming a few people who need to be named
    woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  woody67 Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:03 am

What I find kinda interesting is that with other sites sc /zambuka is that people go out of their way to either nark or ban those people who actually liven these sites up....and then prowl around and copy and paste info from here onto say sc where the person they are being arseholes about cant come in and comment...why not log in here and post comments?

Obviously I am taliking about the recent bullshit with YDEKM and her post in here that was transferred to sc...gutless IMO to not step up in here and go head to head.

Ummm I think I just thread jacked ....sorry
    Rag_Bag
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Rag_Bag Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:10 am

Donkeycheese wrote:I have a heap of points in the ebank, that fall due in December. I think I will cash them in then and bail. I will probably write a farewell thread - but only because I promised everyone a picture of my cock with "www.smilecity.co.nz" written on it. Interestingly (to me), I have been dared to get the "http://" in as well, so I may need a BIG day!

I like the idea of flipping the bird on the way out, and naming a few people who need to be named

cheers Please give us all adequate warning so we can get out the popcorn or avoid like the plague as appropriate...
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:38 am

Rag_Bag wrote:
    Donkeycheese wrote:I have a heap of points in the ebank, that fall due in December. I think I will cash them in then and bail. I will probably write a farewell thread - but only because I promised everyone a picture of my cock with "www.smilecity.co.nz" written on it. Interestingly (to me), I have been dared to get the "http://" in as well, so I may need a BIG day!

cheers Please give us all adequate warning so we can get out the popcorn or avoid like the plague as appropriate...

I'll probably do a countdown first. I've got some work to do around photobucket etc, so I can make changes to pictures AFTER they are posted in SC

And what's with the "avoid like the plague"? Who you kidding? I would happily watch any other male get their cock and balls out on SC, just because it would be so damn funny!!

PS - I know you want me
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Obviously I am taliking about the recent bullshit with YDEKM and her post in here that was transferred to sc...gutless IMO to not step up in here and go head to head.

Wait, who are you calling gutless and why?
    Wizz
    Wizz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Wizz Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Summoner wrote:
    Wizz wrote:I'm confused now?! I thought relict to be the altar ego of wren! So who is relict and who is wren's persona in tartarus? Kosmick? Who the fuck is summoner and who the fuck am I come to that?

confused

I've done that! I'm pretty sure about you but still confused about the others?
    debs
    debs
    Giant
    Giant

Post  debs Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:32 pm

Psalter wrote:

Wait, who are you calling gutless and why?

I think woody is referring to pricey the there ilk. They copied YDEKM's post from here and made a stupid fuss in SC where obviously YDEKM cannot comment but don't have the balls to front up to her in here.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Ah, click.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Wizz wrote:
    Summoner wrote:

confused

So it is you that has the only correct guess?
    Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Jesus Christ Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Summoner wrote:
    Wizz wrote:
    Summoner wrote:

confused

So it is you that has the only correct guess?

Stretching.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Shuddup!

Post whore.

Last edited by Summoner on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add insult)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:47 pm