Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+4
Diaz
Jesus Christ
canterella
superarmy
8 posters

You have been banned from posting in the forum. This ban will be in force until 29 Dec 2009

superarmy
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

You have been banned from posting in the forum. This ban will be in force until 29 Dec 2009 Empty You have been banned from posting in the forum. This ban will be in force until 29 Dec 2009

Post  superarmy Fri May 29, 2009 8:16 pm

Hmm, no explanation, no email.

Cool story mods....
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

You have been banned from posting in the forum. This ban will be in force until 29 Dec 2009 Empty Re: You have been banned from posting in the forum. This ban will be in force until 29 Dec 2009

Post  canterella Fri May 29, 2009 8:36 pm

join the club!
    Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ
    Nymph
    Nymph

You have been banned from posting in the forum. This ban will be in force until 29 Dec 2009 Empty Re: You have been banned from posting in the forum. This ban will be in force until 29 Dec 2009

Post  Jesus Christ Fri May 29, 2009 8:39 pm

I wondered why you hadn't been posting.

I'm surprised your ban is so long, too.

I'm much, much more provocative than you, and it took them long enough to ban me.

....And then I only got banned for a month.
    superarmy
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  superarmy Fri May 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Actually looking back through my topics I have an inkling, I think my "situations in which you would commit suicide" was the main contributing factor.

Must not have been within the spirit of the forum...
    superarmy
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  superarmy Fri May 29, 2009 8:48 pm

Okay if anything it most likely due to the fact I posted a video of an American Politician named Budd Dwyer committing suicide at a press conference. Used to drive home point as it was entirely post related, also had a rather big and obvious warning. I don't think it was obscene or vulgar, it didn't break any rules.
    Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Jesus Christ Fri May 29, 2009 8:52 pm

superarmy wrote:Okay if anything it most likely due to the fact I posted a video of an American Politician named Budd Dwyer committing suicide at a press conference. Used to drive home point as it was entirely post related, also had a rather big and obvious warning. I don't think it was obscene or vulgar, it didn't break any rules.

Ah. This explains it.

Was it graphic? They don't take kindly to that kind of thing.

EDIT: Just watched it. I can see why that got you banned.
    superarmy
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  superarmy Fri May 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Um quite, though I gave a heavy warning, the entire post was about the events leading up to his suicide.

I thought the discussion was going along pretty nicely...

But furthermore, I believe I gave sufficient warning and it was entirely on-topic to get across my point.
    Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Jesus Christ Fri May 29, 2009 9:02 pm

superarmy wrote:Um quite, though I gave a heavy warning, the entire post was about the events leading up to his suicide.

But furthermore, I believe I gave sufficient warning and it was entirely on-topic to get across my point.

I don't think Smile City cares much for warnings, though it may be why you didn't get a year, like Waireka did for (not) posting the goatse directly in the forum.
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Fri May 29, 2009 11:14 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Sat May 30, 2009 12:42 am

Silly thing is, you gave warning and a LINK. This means that anyone that wanted to watch the video could have, anyone that didn't want to DID NOT HAVE TO. Your post should remain, or, you shouldn't have been banned.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Sat May 30, 2009 12:45 am

Video is awesome... but I was suprised to see it hadn't been banned.

That sucks though.

Evil or Very Mad
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Sat May 30, 2009 9:24 am

I have no son!
    Wizz
    Wizz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Wizz Sun May 31, 2009 6:14 pm

Gobsmacked! The dumbing-down of the SC forum is almost complete! See my recent post re alan111. I never thought I would hit that button but I can't believe that bozo has got away his vitriol for so long.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Sun May 31, 2009 9:59 pm

Wizz wrote:Gobsmacked! The dumbing-down of the SC forum is almost complete! See my recent post re alan111. I never thought I would hit that button but I can't believe that bozo has got away his vitriol for so long.

I wonder how long it will be until I am banned again once I return in February.

I'm probably going to do a troll about being a new user.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:27 pm

superarmy wrote:Um quite, though I gave a heavy warning, the entire post was about the events leading up to his suicide.

I agree with Diaz, people in SC will still watch then take offence...add to that that anything with a warning or such will always raise curiosity and like a car wreck people who know they shouldn't look still do.

I'm nosey so had to go and look for it myself, pretty graphic stuff there but I at least know it was my choice therefore on my mind be it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:47 pm