Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+3
master5o1
superarmy
Waireka
7 posters

What Makes You BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

What Makes You BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW Empty What Makes You BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Post  Waireka Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:38 pm

What makes you cry?

What Makes You BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW 2361108
    SAD LOSS: Patrons react during a memorial service for 21 horses from Lechuza Caracas team from Venezuela that died mysteriously last week during a match in the US.

^^ Didn't move me what-so-ever...

What Makes You BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW Ladder49dvdreview

I cry at regular intervals the whole way through this movie...

So what makes you BAAAAAAAAAAW and what makes others cry, but doesn't seem to affect you?
    superarmy
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

What Makes You BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW Empty Re: What Makes You BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Post  superarmy Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:17 am

Gee it's quite a list

Metal Gear Solid 3, final cut scene.

Narcissu, night before
    Spoiler:

Kana: Little Sister, the entire last hour of the game, (honestly cried through the whole thing)

Band of Brothers
    Spoiler:

Kanon 2006, at the end of all 3 main story arcs

Air, final episode

Clannad
    Spoiler:

Clannad; After Story
    Spoiler:

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Episode 25
    Spoiler:

Lion King,
    Spoiler:
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

What Makes You BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW Empty Re: What Makes You BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Post  Waireka Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:37 am

superarmy wrote:Gee it's quite a list

Metal Gear Solid 3, final cut scene.

Narcissu, night before
    Spoiler:

Kana: Little Sister, the entire last hour of the game, (honestly cried through the whole thing)

Band of Brothers
    Spoiler:

Kanon 2006, at the end of all 3 main story arcs

Air, final episode

Clannad
    Spoiler:

Clannad; After Story
    Spoiler:

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Episode 25
    Spoiler:

Lion King,
    Spoiler:

Hey sook, does anything NOT make you BAAAAAAAAAAW that still makes others BAAAAAAAAW?(PII of 2 Part question!)
    superarmy
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  superarmy Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:41 am

Um everything else?

Namely, Titanic, Watership down, or those really awkward situations where everyone around me is crying so I just sit their and smile....

That above list is the only stuff that has ever made me cry in the last 8 years.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:52 am

Bambi doesn't make me cry.

Lion King does... go figure.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:00 am

World vision adverts don't make me Baaaaaw

Legends of the fall makes me Baaaaw - damn you Brad!!!
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:39 am

As I said in my own topic, any Disney Animation and/or Pixar film

This latest theme is somewhat disorientating, but definitely nice!
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

What Makes You BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW Empty Just a recent example ...

Post  relict Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:48 am

In a recent episode of True Blood, there is a flash back to when Bill returns from the war longing to see his wife and child, but gets caught by a vampire on the way. The vampire explains that he can't return to them now, for their own good. He goes to check on them, and sees them on the porch from a distance, but can't go closer or let them see him.
    Linno
    Linno
    Giant
    Giant

Post  Linno Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:05 am

Not much. Though I do recall that this movie and this movie got me boo hooing. First one because it kinda hit a sore spot at the time I was watching it, but mainly I loved how honest the movie was, not cheesy or feel good, so yeah it fully drew me in (Emma's acting was amazing). And that second movie has my favourite actor in it (Aamir khan), the movie is so powerful and crazy, and there's this scene where Aamir's character see's the woman he loves getting freaky another guy, and he sits down lights a smoke and cries then wipes it away and just has this expression on his face which I can't explain. That scene especially blows me away and I cry.

A few songs have made me cry on hearing them for the first time, these two are the ones that spring to mind.
    This one:

And this one:

I can only assume I was on the rag at both times.

That's all I can think of, apart from personal stuff.

As for things that everyone else cries at, that I don't:
    The Notebook.
    All of my friends raved about it, even the ones who hate romantic movies. I usually hate hollywood romance so I thought I'd give it a whirl. FUCKING HATED IT. Worst fucking movie in the world.
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Last time I've cried was when I watched 'Lives of Others', and 'The Visitor'. Crying or Very sad
    superarmy
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  superarmy Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:42 pm

canterella wrote:Last time I've cried was when I watched 'Lives of Others', and 'The Visitor'. Crying or Very sad

>>Lives of Others

Surprised

Awesome movie is awesome.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:08 pm

That programme Missing Pieces brought tears to my eyes are few times...Especially when fathers were meeting their kids after 20 or more years...
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

What Makes You BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW Empty The end of Schindler's List

Post  relict Sat May 02, 2009 11:22 am

Seeing people beaten in concentration camps - no tears
    Seeing mountains of bodies being shoveled into the furnaces - no tears
    Seeing the red coat (in an almost entirely black and white movie) of the little girl that Schindler recognised - no tears

Seeing Oskar Schindler break down at the end, after saving the lives of 1100 Jews, because he realised the money he'd wasted, and the valuables he still owned, like his car and his gold lapel pin, could have saved more lives - BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:53 pm