Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+10
Sassydot
canterella
Waireka
ydekm
Summoner
Brokeback
Psalter
Kissme
frup
ChelseaT
14 posters

What are your biggest frustrations with Kiwi drivers?

ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

What are your biggest frustrations with Kiwi drivers? Empty What are your biggest frustrations with Kiwi drivers?

Post  ChelseaT Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:54 pm

From NZHerald.

The comments here are crazy.

It seems one of the biggest frustrations people have is when people don't go at least the speed limit.

See:
    Drivers who cannot get their cars past 40kph, either to save petrol or because they are firm believers in the "Its not a Target" campaign.

New Zealand drivers are just shit. They really are. Our roads are crappy - the actual quality of the tarmac AND the fact that our roads have to navigate mountains and rivers and more mountains, yet Kiwi's seem to think that because they can drive as fast as they want on an autobahn with less fatalities that they can do the same here. No.

Speed limits are there for a reason. They're not made up by some guy with an anti-fun wand, they're calculated.

Last edited by ChelseaT on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

What are your biggest frustrations with Kiwi drivers? Empty Re: What are your biggest frustrations with Kiwi drivers?

Post  frup Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:00 pm

clown

lol!
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

What are your biggest frustrations with Kiwi drivers? Empty Re: What are your biggest frustrations with Kiwi drivers?

Post  ChelseaT Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 pm

frup wrote:clown

lol!

Translated:

Hurr.

I'm a durr.
    Kissme
    Kissme
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Kissme Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:08 pm

People that don't fucking indicate!

Drivers who don't know how to dip their fucking lights until they are on you! Grrr!

Bastards who tailgate for fuck knows why. The same bastards who tailgate with their lights on full because apparently going the speed limit on a dark rainy night isn't quite fast enough.

People who pull out because they are impatient and can't wait for you to get past where there is a GIANT gap.

People who can't merge because they are in such a hurry to be in front of you.

And that's just the people I have encountered over the last couple of nights driving between Wellington and Palmerston North.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Tail-gaters.

I think every NZer should be issued with a 1 shot pistol when they get their license.

They wouldn't get used often, you would want to save them for that one particular arsehole... but when that one comes... BAM! and the jerk is gone!

Last edited by Psalter on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed dick to jerk... it works better.)
    Brokeback
    Brokeback
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Brokeback Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:13 pm

Was doing 75 in an 80 zone on a wet day last week out by Raglan where I live. Some Dickhead in a van overtook me doing at least 110. I have seen him pull some other crazy maneuvers since. Think he lives around here. Should I go Rodney King on him next time?
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:19 pm

ChelseaT wrote:
    frup wrote:clown

lol!

Translated:

Hurr.

I'm a durr.

I lol'd

I hate people who don't indicate and drive up your ass.

Also people who pull out in front of you. bastards.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Brokeback wrote:Was doing 75 in an 80 zone on a wet day last week out by Raglan where I live. Some Dickhead in a van overtook me doing at least 110. I have seen him pull some other crazy maneuvers since. Think he lives around here. Should I go Rodney King on him next time?

Minus the cameras.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:27 pm

People who indicate and move at the same time
    People who dont indicate at all
    People who dont understand the give way rule
    People who dont know how to use a roundabout
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:52 pm

People who indicate once they are halfway through the turn anyway
    Tailgaters
    People who like to sightsee and drive 10k along my street
    People who change lanes before looking
    People who don't indicate off roundabouts

^^ Australians, not Kiwis, but I still want to play.
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:19 am

I'll c+p all that apply and add more:

Tailgaters - one of my top hates!
    People who indicate and move at the same time
    People who dont indicate at all
    People who dont understand the give way rule
    People who dont know how to use a roundabout
    People who change lanes before looking
    People who cut you off
    People who don't indicate off roundabouts
    Queue jumpers (smartasses who can't wait and pass long queues of traffic on a median lane and then expect to be let in)
    Old people who drive at 90 km/h in the fast lane on a fine day

shit, that's a long list

Rolling Eyes
    Sassydot
    Sassydot
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Sassydot Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:32 am

People who want your spot in a carpark, but don't give you enough room to back out

People holding up left turning traffic as they wait for ages to turn right onto a 4-laned road in peak traffic, when they could just go left and go around the roundabout OR come out at a controlled intersection instead - but no they're trying to save time by "missing the lights"

People who don't take the gap that you make for them

And this one doesn't annoy me as such I just find it funny:
    People all circling the ground floor of the carpark at Bayfair (and other places I'm sure) waiting for someone to leave, eventually getting a park there about as far from the door as possible, but if you go up one level its empty as, and you park close to the escalators and are probably done and inside before those other muppets have even scored a spot.
    scuff
    scuff
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  scuff Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:44 am

when ppl don't use their indicators to turn a corner and nearly run me down
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 am

ChelseaT wrote:From NZHerald.

It seems one of the biggest frustrations people have is when people don't go at least the speed limit.

See:
    Drivers who cannot get their cars past 40kph, either to save petrol or because they are firm believers in the "Its not a Target" campaign.

New Zealand drivers are just shit. They really are. Our roads are crappy - the actual quality of the tarmac AND the fact that our roads have to navigate mountains and rivers and more mountains, yet Kiwi's seem to think that because they can drive as fast as they want on an autobahn with less fatalities that they can do the same here. No.

Speed limits are there for a reason. They're not made up by some guy with an anti-fun wand, they're calculated.

I dont think kiwi drivers are any worse than anyone else...it's a mindset thing maybe?

I think because our civil planning/public transport is so archaic people act as if they have to fight to maintain their position in traffic etc. I found in the UK/Europe even though there were a shitload more cars on the road, that there was a real sense of courtesy... I was never cut off, people always let me into traffic, they merged properly instead of trying to get that ONE car infront.
    the distant one
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:27 am

ydekm wrote:
    ChelseaT wrote:From NZHerald.

See:

I dont think kiwi drivers are any worse than anyone else...it's a mindset thing maybe?

I think because our civil planning/public transport is so archaic people act as if they have to fight to maintain their position in traffic etc. I found in the UK/Europe even though there were a shitload more cars on the road, that there was a real sense of courtesy... I was never cut off, people always let me into traffic, they merged properly instead of trying to get that ONE car infront.

thats what I found in vietnam... there were something like 6billion cars on one road but they all let each other in etc... i rekjen thats why asian drivers are "so bad" over here cause they havent got the kiwi anger bred into them
    Tara
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Tara Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Drivers who don't indicate.

Another that I just realised today; people who are impatient and don't back off from L plate drivers. Tailgaters are annoying in general, but come on? It's a learner driver, give them space to work it out and back the fuck off.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:42 pm

When I'm driving, I consider all other drivers to be idiots. So people who aren't me who are driving piss me off.
    Sassydot
    Sassydot
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Sassydot Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:37 pm

Drivers you tailgate through a town with a 50 or 70k limit, then try to pass you just as the zone changes.
    Little do they know, I may be driving a fucking odyssey, but its a 3l v6 odyssey so i just leave them stranded on the wrong side of the road Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm