Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+29
Roadhog
crs87
Anjewel
Allan
____
frup
woody67
dechire
Donkeycheese
Linno
metcalfj
ChelseaT
izzi
Waireka
the distant one
Kissme
Tikva
dabiarch
Wizz
Summoner
Psalter
Lynz
Jesus Christ
superarmy
Rag_Bag
Diaz
canterella
master5o1
relict
33 posters

Quote of the Day

Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Quote of the Day - Page 12 Empty Re: Quote of the Day

Post  Waireka Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:44 pm

frupExpert 600+ Exp
    30/05/2010 5:09:07 PM I regularly drive around at 40 - 45 kmh. I am happiest when there is a long tail of cars behind me as it makes me feel important like I am the leader. I can imagine that when I retire this feeling of self-importance will be even more important to me.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:57 am

foszil - dirty old man

JOANNA4
    In that respect I am a more highly evolved being than you, farmers and pretty everyone else on this damn site. If I enter threads, it is to educate you lower-level mortals on the pleasures of pure venom and vitriol.

So sod off, wart-face.

Dang it, I love it when you talk dirty, you sweet thang. Slide down here & rub ma' back Honey- chile tongue

Sad The mental image was too much. pale
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:23 pm

izziEnthusiast 300+ Exp
    2/06/2010 7:16:12 PM A serious thread for the discussion of salt.....the seasoning that makes our small world go round.

Yeah, sometimes you can get to much of it and it's bad for you. Sometimes it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, especially if it doesn't agree with you. It really hurts when it gets in your eyes!

But you need salt.
    If you don't have enough salt you get goiters. Goiters make you ugly. Hear me ugly people,a lot of you are not getting enough salt.

Salt makes things more palatable. Life without salt is a life without flavour. Salt brings out the the full potential of everything it touches.

You can choose not to have salt. Beware though, make sure you can meet all your needs without it.

It's best to keep some salt in the house. People who don't....well in my opinion, they are fools.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:13 am

It's not 'conscription'. It's a minimum 2 year 'compulsory military service'.

The two are very different. NZ used to practice the latter.

Markslove, for eliminating emotive topics like conscription and laying the facts bare. If I had a clappy smiley, I wouldn't use it... but I would say "I would use the clapping smiley if I weren't opposed to it".

Anywho, good stuff.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:19 am

What a Face We all have our moments.
    Lynz
    Lynz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Lynz Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Psalter wrote:
    It's not 'conscription'. It's a minimum 2 year 'compulsory military service'.

The two are very different. NZ used to practice the latter.

Markslove, for eliminating emotive topics like conscription and laying the facts bare. If I had a clappy smiley, I wouldn't use it... but I would say "I would use the clapping smiley if I weren't opposed to it".

Anywho, good stuff.

Conscription, also known as the draft or national service, is the compulsory enrolment of people and the term typically refers to their enlistment in a country's military.[1] It is known by various names, for example, the most recent conscription program in the United States was known colloquially as "the draft". Conscription dates back to antiquity and continues to the present day. It was used by the Royal Navy between 1664 and 1814 but was called impressment, or "the press".[2]

<B>Conscription, sometimes termed compulsory service, </B>usually enrolls young men of a given age, commonly 18 to 26[citation needed], for a set period of time. The United States, "selectees" from the Selective Service System drafted men for World War I through the Vietnam war initially in an age range from 21 to 30 and expanded in 1918 to an age range of 18 to 45.[3] In the United Kingdom and Singapore, this was commonly known as "national service", while New Zealand called it, at first, compulsory military training and later national service.

Conscription can be for an indefinite period of time. In the case of a widespread mobilization of forces for fighting a war, including the defence of home territory, men in a much wider age group, perhaps 18–55, can be enlisted. In the United Kingdom, this was commonly known as "call-up" while the Nazis termed it Volkssturm where men between 16 and 60 defended Germany during World War II.[4]

Many nations do not conscript their soldiers and sailors, instead they rely upon volunteers or, simply, a professional military.[5] Some of these nations, however, still reserve the power of conscription for use during wartime or times of crisis.[6] It can be controversial, however, since conscripts may have religious, political or moral reasons for objecting. Because of this protests have occurred and conscripts have evaded their enlistment by emigrating.[7]
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Yada, yada, yada. Neutral
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Well I'll be... like they say; you learn something new every day.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Embarassed

My only excuse is it's late and I'm super tired. Sad Night night.

Last edited by 83T'na on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:57 pm

Different deals have different amounts. If you click on the iPhone deal, you should still have your 300 points. The new deals have different 'earned on or after' dates and also different methods of earning the points.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:07 pm

Thanks ChelseaT. What a Face
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:09 am

Dream_BuilderEnthusiast 300+ Exp
    8/06/2010 10:06:58 AM POSSIBLY valid - but equally POSSIBLY flawed.

Commenting on an others post.
    As I said in SC.....that's rich, coming from him.
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:22 am

Dream_BuilderEnthusiast 300+ Exp
    8/06/2010 11:13:44 AM That's rich, coming from you.

nice attack - reported.

Wow! Laughing
    Lynz
    Lynz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Lynz Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Dream_Builder, "and I think it is you who is the mod who continues to break the rules.

(I may be wrong, but observations made make me doubt it)"

Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:06 pm

That cunt just gets stupider and stupider.

Yes, I am down for reporting the dip-shit en masse.
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:14 pm

How awesome to be a rule breaking mod!
    ......but wait, why would SC employ a rule breaking mod?

My head is starting to hurt. Makes me want to push the little button and make all the pain go away.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:19 pm

izzi wrote:How awesome to be a rule breaking mod!

My head is starting to hurt. Makes me want to push the little button and make all the pain go away.

You forgetting about Woman?
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Painful as he is, I must really point the finger at SC for creating the means for cry babies like this to wield their own personal ban sticks.

If SC had an even half way decent moderation it would never come to this.
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:21 pm

____ wrote:
    izzi wrote:How awesome to be a rule breaking mod!

You forgetting about Woman?

Woman was employed by SC?
    Allan
    Allan
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Allan Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:11 pm

izzi wrote:

Woman was employed by SC?

If by "employed" you mean browsing the forums for 15 hours a day and getting paid in peanuts 'points' that could be one day be cashed in to equal the daily wage of an 8 year old Chinese mine worker then yes! she was employed by SC.

I don't think keeping dossiers on everyone was a requirement of the job though, thats just a hobby.
    woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  woody67 Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:32 am

PeterJ[i]ZZ if at Helwan in 77, I was the beard helping unload the ambulances full of hyperthemic grunt TF at midnight. [ and no, no one else is expected to comprehend that if they were not involved in "tidying up" the results of something that went wrong to other people. ]

Ahahahahaha
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:54 am

woody67 wrote:PeterJ[i]ZZ if at Helwan in 77, I was the beard helping unload the ambulances full of hyperthemic grunt TF at midnight. [ and no, no one else is expected to comprehend that if they were not involved in "tidying up" the results of something that went wrong to other people. ]

Ahahahahaha

More like what I bolded.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Quote of the Day - Page 12 Empty In Donkeycheese's "Roselands" thread

Post  Psalter Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Roselands wrote:
    DC wrote:I read in the budget thread that your partner is doing a business degree, and that makes you knowledgeable about all things business and economic

I also read that your Mum (?) did some research into the BBC and that makes you an expert of Muslim asset ownership, and whether that makes the channel racially biased

I was wondering if you wanted to split up with your partner, and hook up? I also have wide and varied life experiences and believe we could take over the world. To do this, we would need to launch a rocket into space (I played with space lego as a child, so that is my forté), kill some muslims so the BBC will broadcast anti-white messages (your area). I thought we could start a broadcast of "they took my job" in an East-End London accent from the BBC to encourage the locals to kill the immigrants. We'll need to frame it from a business point of view (maybe get your man to write somnething before you leave him?)

Then all of the muslims will wade in, and we can let them kill each other and take over at the end.

I used to watch a lot of Dangermouse, so feel at ease with sitting in an evil chair, taking over the world, and stroking pussy.

How 'bout it?

What a load of crock!
    I have nothing against muslims!
    Some of my friends are muslim, the point I was making is BBC stand for the enemy against israel so of course they will try to paint the worst picture possible of israel.

Oh no I would never be interested, I may be young but I wouldn't trade up my husband or my son for anyone especially YOU!

For those that missed it.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:36 pm

That shit get deleted already?
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph