The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

I nearly fainted today

canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

I nearly fainted today

Post  canterella on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:24 pm

orthodontist's quote for braces for Miss 11 - $6,600 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Re: I nearly fainted today

Post  83T'na on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:27 pm

canterella wrote:orthodontist's quote for braces for Miss 11 - $6,600 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Crying or Very sad OMG - Is that what I'm up for if I don't shell out $1500 on a plate for my daughter?
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:27 pm

canterella wrote:orthodontist's quote for braces for Miss 11 - $6,600 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Surprised

Guess she has to have fucked teeth then?
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Poor dear said that she doesn't mind, but fuck, it's just so expensive.

Don't have kids, people.
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:37 pm

That sucks, but at least she should have a perfect smile by the end.

My niece got hers removed a few years ago and people always comment on her smile.

Expensive smile though.
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:38 pm

$8k for my handsome grin.

ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Mine were around $2k and I doubt anyone would have noticed if I didnt have them.

$6k is on the cheap end of the spectrum for braces.

And 83tna, my orthodontist (although who fucking knows really!!) was adament getting a plate was a scam. They only work as long as the plate is worn.... and gradually the teeth move back unless you've had braces first, and have a retaining bar behind your front teeth (like I have).
    As my bottom teeth can't move, my top teeth are less likely to.
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  the distant one on Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:54 pm

mine were about 6k all up. they nearly had to break my jaw my teeth were so fucked. But like wise got heaps of somment bout how good my teeth are now....

The plate thing has worked for other I have known just usually means going to bed with it on but depends on how bad it is.
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:24 pm

I had completely perfect teeth before my brother broke them, when the dentist put the new ones in he decided to make them a little uneven so they wouldn't show up as "obviously fake".

Cunt.
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Psalter wrote:I had completely perfect teeth before my brother broke them, when the dentist put the new ones in he decided to make them a little uneven so they wouldn't show up as "obviously fake".

Cunt.

lol.

You should have asked him for glitter and jewels inside them so you could show off.
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:08 pm

frup wrote:
    Psalter wrote:I had completely perfect teeth before my brother broke them, when the dentist put the new ones in he decided to make them a little uneven so they wouldn't show up as "obviously fake".

Cunt.

lol.

You should have asked him for glitter and jewels inside them so you could show off.

One of my incisors is 90% gold and 10% Platinum... covered in a white plastic sheath.

I could be so gangster if I wasn't white.

(/\ That's what my teeth think)
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Husbands were perfect until the work van door smacked him in the face.

I'm not getting them fixed until he finishes fighting.
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:36 pm

ydekm wrote:Mine were around $2k and I doubt anyone would have noticed if I didnt have them.

$6k is on the cheap end of the spectrum for braces.

And 83tna, my orthodontist (although who fucking knows really!!) was adament getting a plate was a scam. They only work as long as the plate is worn.... and gradually the teeth move back unless you've had braces first, and have a retaining bar behind your front teeth (like I have).
    As my bottom teeth can't move, my top teeth are less likely to.

My girl has a bit of problem with her back teeth being crowded. The dental nurse removed one prematurely so the replacement didn't arrive until after others around it had grown in. They had more room than they normally would have so they moved further along her jaw than they should. Fuck, I'd better win something this Lotto draw. It is my birthday, after all. Not that that's ever made a difference.
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:41 pm

I really regret not getting the permanent wire for my bottom teeth. My plate was totally ineffective and my bottom teeth are crooked again.
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 pm

ChelseaT wrote:I really regret not getting the permanent wire for my bottom teeth. My plate was totally ineffective and my bottom teeth are crooked again.

So - we'll wait till it's time for braces. Then we'll get the permanent wire. Thanks ChelseaT.
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  woody67 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:51 am

So far so good with my son's teeth straight as and really healthy looking ....fingers crossed they stay that way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:14 pm