Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

2 posters

Yet another fight with telecommunications companies.

Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Yet another fight with telecommunications companies. Empty Yet another fight with telecommunications companies.

Post  Psalter Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:21 pm

Well, almost a month ago, I asked to be transferred to my new address (*************) from my Hamilton Address (67a Pine ave). I was told that because I was moving in a Sunday, I would be connected early, on the Saturday.

I was still not connected on the Tuesday following. I ring to see what was going on. I get told that there has not been a phone-line connected to the house before, so I was unable to be connected (I find it odd that no-one contacted me about this previously). I explain that there are phone-jacks, so there is a line connected. I also ask that (because of the inconvenience) I be refunded the "reconnection fee". The person on the phone informs me that this is not their area, but that they will get someone from accounts (billing?) to ring me once the phone has been set up properly.

The next day, I get a phone-call from a chorus connection person asking when I would be home and saying that they were outside my house... we had no idea they were ever coming.

So, finally the phone gets set up. For the next couple of weeks, the phone doesn't ring through properly, I have no caller ID, and I have no message service. I ring, wait on hold for more than 45 minutes, get shuffled around customer-service people when I do finally get through, and finally get someone who tells me that things should be working, but they are not.

He tells me that he will get people to fix the line and that it should be taken care of in short-order. Further, he tells me that he would have my connection fee waived, and that my line-rental between the period of "connection" and repair would be waived.

I was a happy customer; I understand that things sometimes don't work as they should... but at least I wasn't being charged for a sub-standard service... or so I thought.

Instead of not being charged for a sub-standard service, I am charged double?!

Look at my bill, then justify to me why I should be charged disconnection, reconnection, breach of contract, 2 x internet connections, another breach of contract, and the fees that I had been promised would not appear on my account.

Seriously, what is it with telecommunications in New Zealand that makes everything so difficult?

I left telecom because they did the same sort of thing. They messed me around and messed up my bill. I went to Telstra and paid $175 a month for a decent (not amazing) service. I then discover slingshot can do things for me cheaper... "great" I think, "awesome", I'll jump on board a Kiwi owned and operated provider.

Well, as it stands, unless you can finally make this customer happy. I will pay your crappy bill and then move on to a provider that is actually worth my service. I am disgusted at what passes for telecommunications and you can be sure that this unhappy customer will tell everyone who will listen.

Adrian Firmin

Who wants to bet against me getting my (almost) $400 bill wiped?

Last edited by Psalter on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Yet another fight with telecommunications companies. Empty Re: Yet another fight with telecommunications companies.

Post  ydekm Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:41 pm

You will get a refund....you could have got one without the tantrum letter too Wink

Telecommunications in NZ is all about retention. It can just take awhile to be actioned. I suspect the issue is often the poor billing software most big business in NZ seem to use. Especially Telcos.

I would say someone tried to refund your bill, and accidentally double billed instead or flagged you for extra charges instead of removing the standard ones... it happens.
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Yet another fight with telecommunications companies. Empty Re: Yet another fight with telecommunications companies.

Post  Psalter Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:46 pm

ydekm wrote:You will get a refund....you could have got one without the tantrum letter too Wink

Telecommunications in NZ is all about retention. It can just take awhile to be actioned. I suspect the issue is often the poor billing software most big business in NZ seem to use. Especially Telcos.

I would say someone tried to refund your bill, and accidentally double billed instead or flagged you for extra charges instead of removing the standard ones... it happens.

I have rung them a total of 5 times and spent close to 4 hours on the phone to them... it's a fucken chore to ring them. Seriously, consider the work I have lost over it... the day my phone gets fixed properly, I get 4 phone-calls for jobs. Schools only phone you on your land-line, I have seriously (probably) lost money over this.

Not to mention that I tell them not to ring me during school hours and ask them to put a note on my account... what do they do? Every fucking time?

Fuck them and fuck you... I will have my tanty.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Psalter wrote:
    ydekm wrote:You will get a refund....you could have got one without the tantrum letter too Wink

I have rung them a total of 5 times and spent close to 4 hours on the phone to them... it's a fucken chore to ring them. Seriously, consider the work I have lost over it... the day my phone gets fixed properly, I get 4 phone-calls for jobs. Schools only phone you on your land-line, I have seriously (probably) lost money over this.

Not to mention that I tell them not to ring me during school hours and ask them to put a note on my account... what do they do? Every fucking time?

Fuck them and fuck you... I will have my tanty.

hahah don't get me wrong, you are entitled to your tanty. I still have problems with mine at times so I sympathise. But most of the time, Telcos are desperate to retain thier customers., so you are in a powerful position.

So angry tanty letters aren't needed, unless they make you feel better Smile
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:53 pm

They do.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:15 pm