Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

3 posters

frup - a standing ovation!

Tikva
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

frup - a standing ovation! Empty frup - a standing ovation!

Post  Tikva Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Have just read your post at SC on the subject of Prisoners etc., and am blown away by it. You nailed it, completely. Sure, others will disagree, but you were able to say what I was trying to say so inadequately throughout the thread in one post. Awesome!

http://www.smilecity.co.nz/Community/ForumPost.aspx?topicid=191440&page=5#secondLast

think they have forfeited their right to be protected by our laws by their own choice to break the law.
    That's just the way I see it and I don't have to justify myself - I like everyone else has a right to an opinion.

I agree you have a right to an opinion but would like to point out that prisoners do not give up their right to legal protection. They give up their liberty. This is a form of punishment for their crime or to prevent them committing further crime.

lf a prisoner is assaulted in prison he is still a victim and can still lay a complaint against the other prisoner, it would still be investigated under the law in the same way. For that matter should he have any property outside the prison such as a vehicle or house and any damage or theft occurred, there is no reason that these items should not be considered stolen or damaged and dealt with appropriately under the law.

For this reason I do not believe that prisoners give up their right to protection under the law, in fact it is a basic right under the bill of rights act.

Having read what I have to say, is your statement still true? With this I mean, do you believe another criminal should have the right to steal a prisoners property or burn down his house and not be held accountable? The opposite view of your statement is not that prisoners are getting what they deserve but that other criminals are getting away with crimes. That is not a world I want to live in.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

frup - a standing ovation! Empty Re: frup - a standing ovation!

Post  master5o1 Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:58 am

I like how the thread effectively died since that post.
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Yay for the thread killer. That thread was annoying me no end.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:32 pm