The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate


    Come on guys...

    Share
    avatar
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

    Come on guys...

    Post  master5o1 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 pm

    This is boring without you Wink
    avatar
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Psalter on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:22 pm

    Here I am, now STFU
    avatar
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  superarmy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:33 pm

    What do you want I'm busy?
    avatar
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  master5o1 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:02 pm

    superarmy wrote:What do you want I'm busy?


    Oh never mind I just realised it is boring with and without people being here... I suppose this is a forum that is active between the hours of 1900 and 0200.
    avatar
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  superarmy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:08 pm

    *looks at 5o1's avatar*

    brb getting my Flamethrower
    avatar
    Abbey
    Mortal
    Mortal

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Abbey on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:52 pm

    If you are bored with and without people, is this why you are continually using your computer and the internet to connect with "usernames"?

    By chance; are you in a prison?

    Rag_Bag
    Mortal
    Mortal

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Rag_Bag on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:01 pm

    master5o1 wrote:
    superarmy wrote:What do you want I'm busy?


    Oh never mind I just realised it is boring with and without people being here... I suppose this is a forum that is active between the hours of 1900 and 0200.

    Oooh we seem to be cultivating a membership of people that are actively engaged in other pursuits during the work/educational day....

    Bodes well for the quality of debates Cool
    avatar
    Abbey
    Mortal
    Mortal

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Abbey on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:24 pm

    Oooh we seem to be cultivating a membership of people that are actively engaged in other pursuits during the work/educational day....

    Bodes well for the quality of debates


    Yes, it does. Especially when we have people that enter forums, purely to create havoc, by being two-faced and bolchy, then once someone enters into a constructive debate with them, they go extremely nasty and run a very thin line between constructive debate and down right meanness.

    Obviously it goes to show that people in the computer world cannot cope when tables are turned on them; so they delete their accounts and leave. I wonder what they do in real life? Change Job? Change friends? Change Houses? Change Partners? Delete themselves maybe?
    avatar
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  the distant one on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:27 pm

    Abbey wrote:Oooh we seem to be cultivating a membership of people that are actively engaged in other pursuits during the work/educational day....

    Bodes well for the quality of debates


    Yes, it does. Especially when we have people that enter forums, purely to create havoc, by being two-faced and bolchy, then once someone enters into a constructive debate with them, they go extremely nasty and run a very thin line between constructive debate and down right meanness.

    Obviously it goes to show that people in the computer world cannot cope when tables are turned on them; so they delete their accounts and leave. I wonder what they do in real life? Change Job? Change friends? Change Houses? Change Partners? Delete themselves maybe?

    Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy or said people realise that arguing across many internet forums is a waste of thei time. if you want to have a go at YDEKM i suggest we keep it to one thrad.
    avatar
    Abbey
    Mortal
    Mortal

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Abbey on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:30 pm

    What makes you think I'm even referring to YDEKM?

    She is nothing special. Only in your book, perhaps. Forums are not the be all and end all ABOUT her.

    My remarks were a total generalisation of how in today's society, if you interact totally via your computer; how do you/did you/are you getting on in life in the REAL WORLD.
    avatar
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Psalter on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:25 pm

    I wasn't even going to get involved in this... but you can't make obvious inuendo and then hide behind the fact that it was inuendo Abbey... that was obviously about YDEKM.

    Who, btw, I want to get back here.
    avatar
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Tikva on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:00 am

    I second the request that YDEKM returns here. Why can't we all just face the fact there we are all different people, and there will always be those that clash? So what if there's a few insults thrown between one another? Is that not just pure honesty, in the context of what is happening at the time?

    Fight it out, get it off your chest, and do it publicly, so that all the secrecy disguised as privacy can no longer poison relationships. And I include myself in all of the above.

    Kosmick
    Giant
    Giant

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Kosmick on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:03 am

    Well stated cheers
    avatar
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  relict on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:27 am

    Abbey wrote:if you interact totally via your computer; how do you/did you/are you getting on in life in the REAL WORLD.

    I don't know anyone of that description, even online. I recognise that there would be some people like this in the world, but I haven't come across them.
    avatar
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  the distant one on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:28 am

    Tikva wrote:I second the request that YDEKM returns here. Why can't we all just face the fact there we are all different people, and there will always be those that clash? So what if there's a few insults thrown between one another? Is that not just pure honesty, in the context of what is happening at the time?

    Fight it out, get it off your chest, and do it publicly, so that all the secrecy disguised as privacy can no longer poison relationships. And I include myself in all of the above.

    hahaha its not clashing that rach has a problem with Smile . this forum is too similar to other forums she has been a member of in the past. the same people are here and the same time consuming issues to get drawn into.
    avatar
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Tikva on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:52 am

    the distant one wrote:
    Tikva wrote:I second the request that YDEKM returns here. Why can't we all just face the fact there we are all different people, and there will always be those that clash? So what if there's a few insults thrown between one another? Is that not just pure honesty, in the context of what is happening at the time?

    Fight it out, get it off your chest, and do it publicly, so that all the secrecy disguised as privacy can no longer poison relationships. And I include myself in all of the above.

    hahaha its not clashing that rach has a problem with Smile . this forum is too similar to other forums she has been a member of in the past. the same people are here and the same time consuming issues to get drawn into.

    Well, I didn't actually think that Rachel has a problem with clashing, LOL. To be honest, I don't think it's the forums per se that are the problem. It's all the MSN (or whatever) chatting that seems to go on behind the scenes, which can in some cases essentially amount to gossip. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with chatting via IM's or anything, it's just the bitching about others that can go on in the chats that I think cause a lot of problems. Learned the lesson myself over 10 years ago, and have only occasionally bothered with IM's ever since.
    avatar
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

    Come on guys

    Post  relict on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:03 pm

    Come on guys, get firewise!

    avatar
    the distant one
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  the distant one on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:38 pm

    Tikva wrote:
    the distant one wrote:
    Tikva wrote:I second the request that YDEKM returns here. Why can't we all just face the fact there we are all different people, and there will always be those that clash? So what if there's a few insults thrown between one another? Is that not just pure honesty, in the context of what is happening at the time?

    Fight it out, get it off your chest, and do it publicly, so that all the secrecy disguised as privacy can no longer poison relationships. And I include myself in all of the above.

    hahaha its not clashing that rach has a problem with Smile . this forum is too similar to other forums she has been a member of in the past. the same people are here and the same time consuming issues to get drawn into.

    Well, I didn't actually think that Rachel has a problem with clashing, LOL. To be honest, I don't think it's the forums per se that are the problem. It's all the MSN (or whatever) chatting that seems to go on behind the scenes, which can in some cases essentially amount to gossip. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with chatting via IM's or anything, it's just the bitching about others that can go on in the chats that I think cause a lot of problems. Learned the lesson myself over 10 years ago, and have only occasionally bothered with IM's ever since.

    its not as dramatic as some people imagine. rfach decided she didnt want to spend time here at the moment cos she finds it hard not to comment when she disagrees with something so she left. here and in another forum some members find that hard to understand and expect her to just not to login ("time out") or post a "I'm leaving thread" (which i know she hates cos a) it's noones business really and b) the people she likes to talk to have her msn and facebook).

    and anywa rach is the first to admit she is argumentative and to stop things degenerating she choose to leave. its not hte drama people make out it is. plus i think shed had about a bottle of wine when she did it so it wasn't much of a tantrum Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

    lois lane
    Mortal
    Mortal

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  lois lane on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:43 pm

    Abbey wrote:What makes you think I'm even referring to YDEKM?

    She is nothing special. Only in your book, perhaps. Forums are not the be all and end all ABOUT her.

    My remarks were a total generalisation of how in today's society, if you interact totally via your computer; how do you/did you/are you getting on in life in the REAL WORLD.


    Now you're just getting bitchy.
    avatar
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  canterella on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:32 am

    Tikva wrote:
    the distant one wrote:
    Tikva wrote:I second the request that YDEKM returns here. Why can't we all just face the fact there we are all different people, and there will always be those that clash? So what if there's a few insults thrown between one another? Is that not just pure honesty, in the context of what is happening at the time?

    Fight it out, get it off your chest, and do it publicly, so that all the secrecy disguised as privacy can no longer poison relationships. And I include myself in all of the above.

    hahaha its not clashing that rach has a problem with Smile . this forum is too similar to other forums she has been a member of in the past. the same people are here and the same time consuming issues to get drawn into.

    Well, I didn't actually think that Rachel has a problem with clashing, LOL. To be honest, I don't think it's the forums per se that are the problem. It's all the MSN (or whatever) chatting that seems to go on behind the scenes, which can in some cases essentially amount to gossip. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with chatting via IM's or anything, it's just the bitching about others that can go on in the chats that I think cause a lot of problems. Learned the lesson myself over 10 years ago, and have only occasionally bothered with IM's ever since.


    and you're on MSN too, right? Cool
    avatar
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Tikva on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:20 am

    I have an Account on MSN, but use it about once a year.
    avatar
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  master5o1 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:54 pm

    Tikva wrote:I have an Account on MSN, but use it about once a year.


    You used IT twice last year...
    avatar
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Tikva on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:32 pm

    Well, even twice should give you a pretty clear idea that I use it rather rarely!!!

    Hate the damn things ~ sitting at the computer, focussed on doing something, and all of a sudden a window pops up with a chat message from someone. Pisses me off completely, so 99.99% of the time, I avoid them. There have been times however when I have attempted to contact someone at the phpbb forums (a Mod developer) as well as another person for technical issues. Not chats, and certainly not gossiping.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Come on guys...

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:03 am