Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+5
Tikva
Anjewel
83T'na
ChelseaT
Psalter
9 posters

Stabbing, beating, raping, and murdering other inmates.

Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Stabbing, beating, raping, and murdering other inmates. - Page 2 Empty Re: Stabbing, beating, raping, and murdering other inmates.

Post  Psalter Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:29 pm

ydekm wrote:
    My son (unemployed, doing what WINZ tells him) just finished a course in hospitality and he was so unhappy with the way it was run. It took everything I had to convince him that completing it anyway looks way better to a future employer than not. The Ministry of Social Development got told actual lies about what kind of equipment there would be and how many staff were working there.

FROM TDO:

dont get me wrong there are osme fuckers of training providers out there ut you have to understand they are subjected to 30 kids in a class. They usually only get rosurced for 18 and trust me their entire funding is performance based. so we would do eveyrhting to get them to pass. I use to do free tutoring for the kids that really were comitted.

Now not to generalise your son but most of these kids come with HUGE chips on their shoulders and get them with like minded individuals and the pack mentality prevails, I was assaulted, spat at and had my family threatened jsut cause these kids were trying to out do each other.

As above these courses are usually only level one courses, so they are more usually the fundamental skills ie maths english life skills etc so that the student can cope with higher level education. They really arent designed to get you into a job but to get you the minnimum qaulifications into higher teritary education. If your son enjoyed his hosps course tell him to go to the national bar training school they usually takes TOP's guys to level 3 I believe.

In regards to case managers they are subjected to some awful shit, and when you have a national government in power every social service gets a cut and usually they are figihting to keep their jobs.

In regards to the whole prison system I dont think there is a perfect way, and its really the ambulance at the bottom of the hill, once someone gets there its a hard road to get back out (and congrats tivika on your son taking the first steps.). We need to focus on the inital family unit, I dont wana sound like bob mccockskey but really when a family is behind you kids can acheive anything and most of these kids never have that.

so or the ramble but this would be one of my most passionate topics.

Like we couldn't have figured out that was you.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Stabbing, beating, raping, and murdering other inmates. - Page 2 Empty Re: Stabbing, beating, raping, and murdering other inmates.

Post  ydekm Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Razz true

He keeps posting as me..dummy.
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:58 pm

Who the fuck is 4wild1s? they piss me off.
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:01 pm

canterella wrote:Who the fuck is 4wild1s? they piss me off.

Newbz who come in yelling and screaming have always pissed me off.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:45 pm