Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+13
Donkeycheese
ydekm
____
woody67
Allan
relict
izzi
master5o1
frup
83T'na
Psalter
Spooky_Child
Waireka
17 posters

Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny etc...

Poll

Do/Did/Would you encourage these myths with your children?

[ 5 ]
    Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny etc... - Page 2 Bar_left36%Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny etc... - Page 2 Bar_right [36%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny etc... - Page 2 Bar_left64%Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny etc... - Page 2 Bar_right [64%] 

Total Votes: 14
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny etc... - Page 2 Empty Re: Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny etc...

Post  canterella Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:00 pm

I don't sweat much over the whole Santa and tooth fairy thing. When they are allowed to be kids, they eventually outgrow it with minimal fuss.
    Sassydot
    Sassydot
    Nymph
    Nymph

Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny etc... - Page 2 Empty Re: Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny etc...

Post  Sassydot Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:19 pm

My daughter (6 1/2) is yet to lose her first tooth.
    DH brought it up last night, and asked if we were gonna do the tooth fairy thing. I said we'd wait and see, if she brings up the tooth fairy at all when she finally loses a tooth. We've never mentioned it, so won't bring it up ourselves. If the time comes and she has her heart set on their being a tooth fairy, then I imagine we'll go along with it.
    At this rate, she's not even got any wiggly ones, she may well be too old when it happens anyway.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Sassydot wrote:My daughter (6 1/2) is yet to lose her first tooth.
    DH brought it up last night, and asked if we were gonna do the tooth fairy thing. I said we'd wait and see, if she brings up the tooth fairy at all when she finally loses a tooth. We've never mentioned it, so won't bring it up ourselves. If the time comes and she has her heart set on their being a tooth fairy, then I imagine we'll go along with it.
    At this rate, she's not even got any wiggly ones, she may well be too old when it happens anyway.

Wow - well done you!!! All my kids were around 5 when they lost their first tooth.
    Sassydot
    Sassydot
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Sassydot Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:38 pm

It's not like its under my control or anything though Laughing

Only thing those kids do with any speed is eat. Everything else is on a go-slow.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Sassydot wrote:It's not like its under my control or anything though Laughing

Only thing those kids do with any speed is eat. Everything else is on a go-slow.

She seems to be looking after her teeth well enough. I had to do it for mine till they were about 7 otherwise it wouldn't get done. Mad
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:50 pm

I insisted on the tooth fairy being recognized when I was growing up.

Money for losing teeth, awesome.

I remember my younger brother going to a school fair, spending all his money, coming home, ripping out a tooth and insisting Mum give his an advance on his tooth money so he could go back to the fair.
    Anjewel
    Anjewel
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Anjewel Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:31 pm

canterella wrote:I don't sweat much over the whole Santa and tooth fairy thing. When they are allowed to be kids, they eventually outgrow it with minimal fuss.

Agreed..
    Sassydot
    Sassydot
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Sassydot Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Waireka wrote:

I insisted on the tooth fairy being recognized when I was growing up.

Money for losing teeth, awesome.

I remember my younger brother going to a school fair, spending all his money, coming home, ripping out a tooth and insisting Mum give his an advance on his tooth money so he could go back to the fair.

We haven't started giving them pocket moneys yet, so they're not so into money.

When they want something (eg a toy) we buy it and they have a points system where they earn/lose points for doing shit - 1 point = $1 - so a $10 toy they get after they've earned 10 points.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content