Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+5
ydekm
woody67
ChelseaT
Donkeycheese
83T'na
9 posters

Sharing stuff from Tartarus in other forums.

Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Sharing stuff from Tartarus in other forums. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharing stuff from Tartarus in other forums.

Post  Donkeycheese Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:56 pm

ChelseaT wrote:Second to AJ. Oooh burn.

I agree actually. And I told him so - he got funnier with having a kid, so I reckon if he goes back for 2nds, he'll be back online as Krusty the Clown

ChelseaT wrote:Studying Speech and Language Therapy, to become a Speech and Language TheRapist.
    I'm currently learning what the pre-med students are learning in regards to anatomy (why the fuck do I need to know about the pelvis?) and also potentially what first year education students learn in regards to communication, literacy, behaviour disorders and ALSO pretty much the first year of a linguistics degree. And a little bit of Treaty of Waitangi thrown in for funzies.

I had a friend who traveled the world doing this - she was English, but did 12 months here, and 12 months in Aussie - her OE. She didn't have alot of friends and I reckon it was her job. My wife reckons it was cos she was ginger, so you've got a 50/50 chance of not being a complete loser?
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Sharing stuff from Tartarus in other forums. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharing stuff from Tartarus in other forums.

Post  ChelseaT Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Donkeycheese wrote:I had a friend who traveled the world doing this - she was English, but did 12 months here, and 12 months in Aussie - her OE. She didn't have alot of friends and I reckon it was her job. My wife reckons it was cos she was ginger, so you've got a 50/50 chance of not being a complete loser?

You don't think I'm a dirty ginge then?
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:59 pm

ChelseaT wrote:
    ydekm wrote:Can you not travel on your NZ passport (assuming you have one)?

I could (and most likely will have to) but according to my dad it'd be easier on my British one.

I'm not sure that there's >6months left on my NZ one either.

You get 3 months on your Kiwi passport - so depends on how long you want to visit.
    It makes no difference for a holiday... I use which ever one is handy for holidays. And it's way cheaper to renew your NZ one.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:01 pm

ChelseaT wrote:
    Donkeycheese wrote:I had a friend who traveled the world doing this - she was English, but did 12 months here, and 12 months in Aussie - her OE. She didn't have alot of friends and I reckon it was her job. My wife reckons it was cos she was ginger, so you've got a 50/50 chance of not being a complete loser?

You don't think I'm a dirty ginge then?

Dirty? Yes
    Ginge? No - am I wrong?
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:01 pm

ydekm wrote:
    ChelseaT wrote:

I could (and most likely will have to) but according to my dad it'd be easier on my British one.

You get 3 months on your Kiwi passport - so depends on how long you want to visit.
    It makes no difference for a holiday... I use which ever one is handy for holidays. And it's way cheaper to renew your NZ one.

It also takes way less time. It took my best friend nearly 6 weeks to get hers.
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:03 pm

ydekm wrote:
    ChelseaT wrote:

God you're on to it.

Right, well it looks like I'll be using my NZ one for this visit but I still need to renew my British one because I'll be over there for more than 3 months at the end of this year.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Do we get coffee and cake before you go? Sad
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Donkeycheese wrote:Dirty? Yes
    Ginge? No - am I wrong?

I could totally be a ginge if I wanted.
    ChelseaT
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ChelseaT Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:10 pm

83T'na wrote:Do we get coffee and cake before you go? Sad

Don't really know what you mean, but if you've got coffee and cake in the pantry, you have my permission to go wild?
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:13 pm

ChelseaT wrote:
    83T'na wrote:Do we get coffee and cake before you go? Sad

Don't really know what you mean, but if you've got coffee and cake in the pantry, you have my permission to go wild?

Never mind, you missed it.
    ____
    ____
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ____ Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:14 pm

My life is pretty OK at the moment.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:15 pm

ChelseaT wrote:
    Donkeycheese wrote:Dirty? Yes
    Ginge? No - am I wrong?

I could totally be a ginge if I wanted.

I bet you don't elaborate on that!
    Allan
    Allan
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Allan Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:35 pm

ITT things that confuse me.

Guess you had to be there
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:19 pm

Allan wrote:ITT things that confuse me.

Guess you had to be there

Laughing Yup.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:54 am

ChelseaT wrote:
    ydekm wrote:
    ChelseaT wrote:

God you're on to it.

Right, well it looks like I'll be using my NZ one for this visit but I still need to renew my British one because I'll be over there for more than 3 months at the end of this year.

Not really but I have both passports and have had to juggle both while travelling through Europe.

Although I got yelled at while leaving Heathrow (to come home) for not travelling on my UK passport, but I needed to travel on my NZ passport because I was on a one-way ticket home (part of the deal of oneway tickets), but my NZ passport didnt have an entry stamp in it, because I entered on my UK Passport. The guy had to back off in the end - I dont know why they dont just create a notificiation based system where you can travel on either/or and it recognises your UK Citizenship.

Tangent.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:45 pm