Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+4
canterella
frup
83T'na
woody67
8 posters

on a thread creating roll ..breastfeeding

woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

on a thread creating roll ..breastfeeding Empty on a thread creating roll ..breastfeeding

Post  woody67 Tue May 18, 2010 11:21 pm

60 minutes is advertising their show for Wednesday re breastfeeding...one of the "kids" I saw receiving breastmilk was too big to fit on a two seater couch her/his LEGS were hanging off the end of it!
    Why the mum didnt just unzip her boot and get the kid to lay on the floor is beyond me!
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

on a thread creating roll ..breastfeeding Empty Re: on a thread creating roll ..breastfeeding

Post  83T'na Tue May 18, 2010 11:51 pm

woody67 wrote:Why the mum didnt just unzip her boot and get the kid to lay on the floor is beyond me!

scratch Her boot? confused
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

on a thread creating roll ..breastfeeding Empty Re: on a thread creating roll ..breastfeeding

Post  frup Tue May 18, 2010 11:53 pm

woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  woody67 Wed May 19, 2010 12:35 am

oh nooooo that is just wrong so very very wrong.....
    canterella
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella Wed May 19, 2010 9:02 am

Couldn't agree more, Woody. Ugh
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Wed May 19, 2010 9:09 am

woody67 wrote:oh nooooo that is just wrong so very very wrong.....

Doctors all over the world agree that there is no additional nutritional gain to be taken from breast milk over any other after the age of 18months. There could, however, be some emotional gain for the mother from the practice.

They haven't identified any adverse effects on children as yet, but I reckon there could be serious problems in the future of a child breast fed until they're 8.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Wed May 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Ugh, it is just weird and all about the mother's mental neediness.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Wed May 19, 2010 12:14 pm

ydekm wrote:Ugh, it is just weird and all about the mother's mental neediness.

Hah, I've been told not breast-feeding is all about my vanity.
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Wed May 19, 2010 12:27 pm

I wouldnt have thought breastfeeding had anything to do with vanity.

I like the idea of Dad being able to get up and feed during the night/when I'm out.
    But I like the idea of not having to sterlise bottles and shit.

I was a soy-milk-baby due to the extreme eczema in my family/I dont think my mother could actually breastfeed...so maybe I wont have the choice.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Wed May 19, 2010 12:32 pm

ydekm wrote:I wouldnt have thought breastfeeding had anything to do with vanity.

I like the idea of Dad being able to get up and feed during the night/when I'm out.
    But I like the idea of not having to sterlise bottles and shit.

I was a soy-milk-baby due to the extreme eczema in my family/I dont think my mother could actually breastfeed...so maybe I wont have the choice.

I can't on one side, so really it is vanity, I don't fancy being lopsided. Also makes it feel like way more hassle than it's worth.

Dad being able to do feeds is AWESOME. I get one full nights sleep a week (he works 6 days).

Sterlising bottles etc... is a pain, but Dad can do that too. I usually do it while cooking, fills the blank time.
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Wed May 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Also, some babies take an hour to feed (some take 5 minutes), I can always prop Sorens bottle up on a pillow and sit back and relax next to him.

As for not being as good for the baby, he's over the 100th percentile for weight and height, he's a beast, generally healthy, has a wee cold right now, but his Dad and I had it first.
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Wed May 19, 2010 3:53 pm

I hope you aren't raising a fattie wai Razz
    Waireka
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka Wed May 19, 2010 4:27 pm

frup wrote:I hope you aren't raising a fattie wai Razz

lol, I doubt it. He is weighing in equal to my brother (who is technically obese, but has almost no body fat). We were all fat babies/toddlers and grotesquely thin kids & teens.
    frup
    frup
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  frup Wed May 19, 2010 4:38 pm

83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Wed May 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Thanks for that, frup. I love Abba. Very Happy
    ydekm
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  ydekm Wed May 19, 2010 5:07 pm

frup wrote:

We used to sing this on the way to bars in the UK. While driving in the bus lane. I dont know why. Or where we got the song.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Wed May 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Laughing That was old before you were born.
    woody67
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  woody67 Wed May 19, 2010 7:55 pm

I breast fed till the little fecker got teeth and then it was like it's been great son but now it's time to get off my cloud...lol

I had a glass bottle for him cost a bit, but so much easier to steralise IMO.
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Wed May 19, 2010 8:55 pm

I did tits all the way. It was great.
    83T'na
    83T'na
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  83T'na Wed May 19, 2010 8:58 pm

I met someone whose son was born with his two front teeth. Pretty rare, but it does happen. Surprised
    She gave up after a couple of weeks. Crying or Very sad
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Wed May 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Jess was pretty reasonable about things , teeth and all.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Thu May 20, 2010 11:48 am

I think after 6-8 months then the word "weening" should come into effect. It's creepy seeing kids as old as 10 still suckling... talk about your fucked up soon to be adult!!

Adam said the ad reminded him of the movie "me, myself and irene" in where Jim Carrey jumped on some womans boob while she was breastfeeding and starting having a "feed"

God that's just wrong! hahaha
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm

That's a huge gap......6 to 8 months and 10. Could we not find some middle ground?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:27 am