Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+14
Summoner
canterella
woody67
Diaz
relict
Waireka
xiaoge
master5o1
Psalter
Lynz
Donkeycheese
Wizz
Hephaestus
ChelseaT
18 posters

Who is rogercamel?

Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Who is rogercamel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is rogercamel?

Post  Diaz Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Diaz wrote:Not sure whether Nightwalker was banned or removed themselves, but they took great care to clean up their threads after they left, presumably to stop nasty sceptics from posting in there when he couldn't be around to censor/delete posts that didn't follow his party line. I hadn't noticed the Fish-person missing myself, to be honest. He was one of the ones so inane that I just didn't bother.

I'd say there is no way rogercamel could be anyone else other than himself, what is noticable with people like NW is that they have an agenda to push and that can't be hidden for any length of time because they think that they have the "truth" and that everyone else should just shut up and nod in unison. If they don't they react badly. Not seeing it here.

I think when you cancel your account (or IT is cancelled for you) it wipes your posting history as well... that would explain the "clean up" job regarding NW's absence
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Post  relict Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Does anyone have rogercamel's contact details?

I'd possibly be vaguely interested in proof reading his thesis, regarding his 9:16pm comment if the deadline wasn't real soon.
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:30 pm

I have just invited him.
    rogercamel
    rogercamel
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  rogercamel Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:59 pm

Wow... I didn't realise my identity was so contentious. You know its been quite enjoyable reading through this thread, lol. I guess that makes up for the insta-ban. Found my old bebo page I see, yep, thats pretty much me.
    rogercamel
    rogercamel
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  rogercamel Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:55 am

Interesting meta forum you have going on here. You may regret inviting me, lol. During procrastination I seem to be a notorious over-poster, saturating the SC forums enough to piss some people off. Now that I am banned from there for a couple of days my outlet might be here, and given your rate of posts from looking, I may have an overbearing presence very quickly... I will try restrain myself.

Relict: If you would like to read it you can, at the moment it is just the first draft of the background section so probably full of errors and bad explanations. Although ideally I'd like to know a little bit about who you are first.

To answer all the speculation about which previous poster I could be... well simply I am none, I've had no presence on SC before my recent posts. And as far as being "an experienced forum poster", that I am not either. I did post for a short time on a forum which promised web space if I did, but it sucked so I stopped. It was mostly because of lack of activity and nothing all that interesting being discussed. SC has been good in that regard, I think that's because the members are so varied. Although I enjoy debating the controversial topics I have been keeping out of many of them recently as they are really eating up my time(although then admittedly my wasted time shifts elsewhere).
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    rogercamel
    rogercamel
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  rogercamel Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Thanks.

Oh and what is this "youth with a brain" phrase that is used at the start of the thread? Is this in reference to another thread? Do you mind linking it?
    xiaoge
    xiaoge
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  xiaoge Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Hey Roger ... so you have joined us on the dark side.

As for your banning, thats just bewilders me as from what I've seen there has been nothing remotely bannable in your posts. Any explanation given, any possible suspects. I guess the list is just going to keep getting larger. Its rather sickening really.

As for your thesis, to which I might as well respond to here, I was going to offer a you proof read mine and I proof read yours deal, but since mine is masters I'm probably getting in way over my head proof reading a PhD on something I have no knowledge of. Good luck with that.
    rogercamel
    rogercamel
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  rogercamel Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:03 pm

xiaoge: Admittedly it is partially my fault for the ban, I put some html in my post to put a little camel icon next to my star. I figured it was minor, non malicious and not disruptive so it would be overlooked or warned against. But it seems thats a good reason for an insta-ban. Only until tomorrow though. I know when I get back I'll be seeing what else I can do with the html, but keep it within the limits of the text in the thread window. I naturally like to explore the limits possible when a relatively open interface is provided, unfortunately it is impossible to know what constitutes bannable html.

What is your thesis on? If you were looking at having someone read it over in the near future then I can't really help you there. My time is really all tied up into thesis write-up and forum posting...
    relict
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

Post  relict Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:34 pm

rogercamel wrote:I put some html in my post to put a little camel icon next to my star

Cool! Pity I missed it.

rogercamel wrote:My time is really all tied up into thesis write-up and forum posting...

lol
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  metcalfj Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 pm

You arrived at SC at just the right time to be honest. The place has pretty much been devoid of any intelectual comments since about 2007. Then out of the blue Savant re-appeared (with some planning no doubt, since his savant6 account appears to have been created in 2007) and that seemed to bring all of the others out of the woodwork. Jim will not be impressed with you finding another forum to procrastinate in!
    rogercamel
    rogercamel
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  rogercamel Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 am

I'm back!

Yeah I do remember not long after I first started posting that everyone started welcoming back a bunch of guys, who started joining in the argument with DB and Silknvada.
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  metcalfj Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:53 am

Yeah, Savant returned, and a few others who have posted sporadically over the past few years all seemed to jump in all at once, the likes of Psalter, Jesus_Christ, Warzypants (although only one post from him?) Superarmy and Kimarhi. Also feigeleh seems to have been spending more time on the site (he used to be a prolific poster until the mass bannings of feb/march 2006). There is so much history with all of these people which has now been lost since SC 'upgraded' a couple of years back, adding a time limit to threads (i.e. if there are no posts for a given period of time, which seems to be somewhere between 13 and 24 months, then the thread is automatically deleted. Also, all threads and posts from closed accounts are now automatically deleted, hence there is no trace of Savant's original ID)
    rogercamel
    rogercamel
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  rogercamel Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:22 am

Ah yeah, I must have been the catalyst. Smile Yep, thats right, I'll take full credit for reuniting the band I didn't know about, lol.
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  metcalfj Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:08 am

Although, they all seem to have gone quiet again, perhaps you chased them away?
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:19 am

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    rogercamel
    rogercamel
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  rogercamel Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Heh, it just sounded like it was in reference to some other discussion, the way the first post was worded.
    master5o1
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:19 pm

So I am allowed to like this fine fellow?
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  metcalfj Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:45 pm

I think that it goes without saying that you two will get on given your interests.....
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:20 pm

metcalfj wrote:Yeah, Savant returned, and a few others who have posted sporadically over the past few years all seemed to jump in all at once, the likes of Psalter, Jesus_Christ, Warzypants (although only one post from him?) Superarmy and Kimarhi. Also feigeleh seems to have been spending more time on the site (he used to be a prolific poster until the mass bannings of feb/march 2006). There is so much history with all of these people which has now been lost since SC 'upgraded' a couple of years back, adding a time limit to threads (i.e. if there are no posts for a given period of time, which seems to be somewhere between 13 and 24 months, then the thread is automatically deleted. Also, all threads and posts from closed accounts are now automatically deleted, hence there is no trace of Savant's original ID)

That may be because they could be... just perhaps... all Savant?
    metcalfj
    metcalfj
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  metcalfj Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:31 pm

I know that you like the sound of your own voice, but surely you don't need that many multis to have a conversation??
    rogercamel
    rogercamel
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  rogercamel Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Does summoner = savant?
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:37 pm

rogercamel wrote:Does summoner = savant?

No, they are just taking the piss.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 am