Tartarus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

+4
Diaz
Summoner
dechire
Psalter
8 posters

20/20 alcohol exaggerations.

Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

20/20 alcohol exaggerations. Empty 20/20 alcohol exaggerations.

Post  Psalter Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:53 pm

Alright... that was just irresponsible journalism. They have one 18 year old chick who drunk herself legless (bad joke, she lost a leg) who claims that she could drink 2 dozen cody 8 percenters... then they have this other chick that would be all of 65kg who claims to have drunk 2 bottles of spirits before she drove.

No they didn't!!!

And to suggest they did is to minimise the drinking problems within our society. Potentially, we have teenagers out there now who might have been concerned about their drinking who are now not as concerned because they don't drink as much.

Thoughts?
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

20/20 alcohol exaggerations. Empty Re: 20/20 alcohol exaggerations.

Post  Psalter Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Okay, assuming that she is 70kg and that she did drink 2 full bottles of spirits, and that each bottle was 40%, and that she had been drinking for 8 hours, she would have an approximate blood alcohol level of around 1%.

No, just no.
    dechire
    dechire
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  dechire Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:15 pm

wow... I didn't see it myself but thats just ridiculous!!!
    I'm a 65kg(ish) 20 year old female and to drink that much would kill me!!!
    I'd be lucky to get through half a dozen of those codys 8% without kissing the footpath..
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:18 pm

a 1% blood alcohol level is almost assured death.

And yes, I am 90kg now... and a seasoned drinker. 24 Codys in a short sitting would knock me the fuck out.
    Summoner
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:08 pm

I had a very similar concoction given to me when I was 14.... three jugs of all the alcohol in the house mixed and totally mine. Two guys had plans that night and almost succeeded but my mates brother dragged me out and took me home, as I couldn't even ride my feet home let alone a car... I don't remember any of it (thankfully).

I have never been that bad since.

I do think there was some BS going on in that piece on tv tonight.
    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:28 am

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Psalter
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:46 am

Oh, the interwebs told me that there have been a few reported cases of 1% BA levels but only one confirmed... and he was 0.914% so technically not over. I didn't look very far though.
    Donkeycheese
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:40 pm

Psalter wrote:Oh, the interwebs told me that there have been a few reported cases of 1% BA levels but only one confirmed... and he was 0.914% so technically not over. I didn't look very far though.

when I first hit on my wife, I felt like my percentage was closer to 10%. 40 ounce of vodka, a 6-pack, and a crate of arrogance

she said no

go figure
    izzi
    izzi
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  izzi Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Donkeycheese wrote:

when I first hit on my wife, I felt like my percentage was closer to 10%. 40 ounce of vodka, a 6-pack, and a crate of arrogance

she said no

go figure

So you stepped back, regrouped, and next time gave her the vodka and 6_pack, kept the arrogance for yourself and voila!

Flexibility in planning a seduction is a must. Wink
    Tara
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Tara Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:04 pm

then they have this other chick that would be all of 65kg who claims to have drunk 2 bottles of spirits before she drove.

I'd say it depends on whether you believe their account of how much they drank. Some can probably do it sure, but so many are full of shit...or else believe that anything that comes out of a bottle is a "spirit".

Working in a bar is hilarious. One guy I can remember, had been there a while when more of his mates showed up and he yelled something about "been hitting the hard stuff all night!", Uhhh, no you have been downing liquer shots, you dick. I guess "Yeah bro, been hitting the peach schnapps HARD" doesn't have the same macho ring to it. No doubt the following day he would be telling people he had gone through a dozen beer and a bottle of tequila though.

Seen people tip out drinks to make it look as though they have drunk more than they really have as well. People are retarded.
    Brokeback
    Brokeback
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Brokeback Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:48 pm

I facepalmed when she said she could drink 2 dozen cody's 8%. Whats sad is that she actually expects people to believe her. Whats even sader is the absolute shocking level of unprofessionalism NZ media has sunk to. I actually felt like switching to FOX for a more accurate report after watching 20/20.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 am