The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate


    Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Share
    avatar
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

    Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Psalter on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:57 am

    Hollow earth just sprang to mind, but that isn't what I wanted to start with.

    I studied in my first year with a chick that was a mega-hippy, she believed all kinds of crazy shit and couldn't be convinced otherwise with even the most rational of arguments... she once told me that she wouldn't eat GE tomatoes because the DNA in it would mix with her DNA. She also wouldn't give blood because DNA carries the soul and mixing of souls is wrong.

    But that wasn't what made me "wut"... one of our other colleagues was burgled, they didn't get much, just a couple of bits of jewellery. So, hippy says "in order to secure your house against burglers, bury a statue of each of the four arch-angels at each corner of your house. Negative people vibrate at a low frequency and they are repelled by the arch-angels who vibrate at a high frequency".

    WUT?
    avatar
    ChelseaT
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  ChelseaT on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:04 am

    My ex-boss was Wiccan. Everything she said made me go 'Wait, wut?"

    Fairies. Lots and lots of bloody fairies.
    avatar
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  master5o1 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:11 pm

    wait...wut?

    I'm sure I've read this before. Was this posted on SC a while ago or is this a copypasta Neutral
    avatar
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Psalter on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:18 pm

    master5o1 wrote:wait...wut?

    I'm sure I've read this before. Was this posted on SC a while ago or is this a copypasta Neutral

    Or you might be psychic?

    Spoiler:
    I have talked about this before
    avatar
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  master5o1 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:31 pm

    Psalter wrote:
    master5o1 wrote:wait...wut?

    I'm sure I've read this before. Was this posted on SC a while ago or is this a copypasta Neutral

    Or you might be psychic?

    Spoiler:
    I have talked about this before

    I IZ SYKIK NAO U SAY wut?
    avatar
    Wizz
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Wizz on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:30 pm

    Psalter wrote:Hollow earth just sprang to mind, but that isn't what I wanted to start with.

    I studied in my first year with a chick that was a mega-hippy, she believed all kinds of crazy shit and couldn't be convinced otherwise with even the most rational of arguments... she once told me that she wouldn't eat GE tomatoes because the DNA in it would mix with her DNA. She also wouldn't give blood because DNA carries the soul and mixing of souls is wrong.

    WUT?

    I know an older version of the one you speak of. Mostly I find her amusing but one day she said to me "Oh my god! All your chakras are displaced and your aura is in a million pieces!" I thought I was having a pretty good day.
    avatar
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Waireka on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:35 pm

    My husband has green eyes, which have shoots of blue through them, some man at the markets pulled him aside and told him that the blue in his eyes meant his body was full of poison and that a diet of some special tea would cleanse him, he then went on to describe how his aura was saying he is deeply ill, a likely result of the 'poison'.
    avatar
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Psalter on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:49 pm

    Wizz wrote:
    I know an older version of the one you speak of. Mostly I find her amusing but one day she said to me "Oh my god! All your chakras are displaced and your aura is in a million pieces!" I thought I was having a pretty good day.

    This one is 42... maybe 43. Rung me once at 2am because something bad was about to happen to me... no shit, I was getting woken up at 2am!
    avatar
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  superarmy on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:37 pm

    May be a cheap example but

    Gaming with my 8 year old cousin. (of note, his dad is a IT specilist, knows alot about PC's and there working most of them did appear to be passed onto his son). So we were playing LittleBigPlanet, he remarks that the game should be on Wii (the only one he owns, apart from a decent PC), I said no exclusive on most games would be nice. "Except PC" he added "Because it's not powerful enough to run them". I paused the game and went on a very long rant about why he was completely wrong.

    Oh just remembered another one.

    I was doing a programming assignment at Uni, in the specialist Linux computer labs. Girl walks in (hot), stares at the login screen for a minute, then asks me how to log into a real "computer". I laughed and restarted it in BIOS and switched it to Windows for her. Thank god it was me she asked, anybody else in the computer science uni department would have killed her for going against their "God".
    avatar
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Waireka on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:54 am

    superarmy wrote:I was doing a programming assignment at Uni, in the specialist Linux computer labs. Girl walks in (hot), stares at the login screen for a minute, then asks me how to log into a real "computer". I laughed and restarted it in BIOS and switched it to Windows for her. Thank god it was me she asked, anybody else in the computer science uni department would have killed her for going against their "God".

    Laughing Frups God too.

    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Diaz on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:41 am

    Blank


    Last edited by Diaz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Donkeycheese on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:04 am

    things that make me say wut?

    1. Seriously, can't we just hold?
    2. Honest, I prefer it in the other hole
    3. Wow, that's really big (sniff)
    avatar
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  canterella on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:19 pm

    This whole thread on TM, lulz at post 9:

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages.aspx?id=38779673&threadid=38779673

    It's easy to do a cleansing ritual yourself.
    Just stand in the most central part of the house with a candle (natural wax is best) or an insense stick. Wave the candle above your head 5 times then turn clockwise 3 times, anticlockwise 3 times, balance on one foot and shout as loudly as possible "f**k off".



    Laughing

    Rag_Bag
    Mortal
    Mortal

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Rag_Bag on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:33 pm

    This thread:
    http://www.smilecity.co.nz/Community/ForumPost.aspx?topicid=184934&page=1

    Can someone explain to me why being attracted to members of both gender automatically makes you promiscuous?
    avatar
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Waireka on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:07 pm

    canterella wrote:This whole thread on TM, lulz at post 9:

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages.aspx?id=38779673&threadid=38779673

    It's easy to do a cleansing ritual yourself.
    Just stand in the most central part of the house with a candle (natural wax is best) or an insense stick. Wave the candle above your head 5 times then turn clockwise 3 times, anticlockwise 3 times, balance on one foot and shout as loudly as possible "f**k off".



    Laughing


    Reminds me of a girl we have panadol too, but told her it was extasy. She was 'off her face'.

    Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Diaz on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:23 am

    Blank


    Last edited by Diaz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Psalter on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:49 am

    Diaz wrote:
    Rag_Bag wrote:This thread:
    http://www.smilecity.co.nz/Community/ForumPost.aspx?topicid=184934&page=1

    Can someone explain to me why being attracted to members of both gender automatically makes you promiscuous?

    Because it's double the fun?


    My one for today:

    Him: I'm an vegan vegetarian that eats fish but not seafood.

    Me: I'll put you down as an omnivore then.

    Him: No I'm not!!!!!!! My diet is scientifically worked out.

    Oh dear. Aren't they called Pescitarians though?

    What an idiot, not knowing what you are... especially when Veganism is such a big choice. You would imagine that a person would be slightly informed if they were to be a vegan.

    Very Happy Surprised I just made myself "wut?" Laughing
    avatar
    relict
    River-God
    River-God

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  relict on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:28 pm

    No, not pescitarian, and omnivore might be technically correct but it is misleading - there is no name for this diet. The closest I can get is 'semi-vegetarian who excludes eggs, dairy and all meat except fish'.

    I can understand them having trouble labelling themselves, and that they want to use the word vegan to describe the lack of eggs and dairy, but they are wrong on several levels.
    avatar
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Donkeycheese on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:39 pm

    relict wrote:No, not pescitarian, and omnivore might be technically correct but it is misleading - there is no name for this diet. The closest I can get is 'semi-vegetarian who excludes eggs, dairy and all meat except fish'.

    I can understand them having trouble labelling themselves, and that they want to use the word vegan to describe the lack of eggs and dairy, but they are wrong on several levels.

    the closest definition I can find is "picky". Take your odd eating habits out, whilst I make a burger

    hmmmm

    burgers
    avatar
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Waireka on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:18 pm

    surfgirl1
    1/10/2009 1:08:53 PM When you move in on Sunday Debs get yourself a sage stick and move through the house wafting smoke into all the corners before moving the furniture in.

    Helps to disple negative vibes.



    Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  superarmy on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:20 pm

    I am sitting in the Library at University at the moment. Just heard somebody say "I don't think I'm computer savy enough to use an Apple"

    Linux, yeah I'd hear you. Windows 7, yeah have a point. But Apple? The Fisher Price play center of computers? Hard to use?


    Laughing
    avatar
    Lynz
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Lynz on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:38 pm

    Waireka wrote:surfgirl1
    1/10/2009 1:08:53 PM When you move in on Sunday Debs get yourself a sage stick and move through the house wafting smoke into all the corners before moving the furniture in.

    Helps to disple negative vibes.



    Rolling Eyes

    I refrained from comment. I don't know how they can get dumber, but they sure are making the effort.
    Laughing

    Sponsored content

    Re: Things that people truly believe that make you say "wut?"

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:05 am