Post  canterella on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 pm

Open Water

watch it tomorrow, TV2 8,30 pm
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Re: They're talking about scary movies on SC

Post  Psalter on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:06 pm

I heard that was 2.(something) hours of nothing and 5 minutes of arrrghhh!
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Psalter wrote:I heard that was 2.(something) hours of nothing and 5 minutes of arrrghhh!

You'd need to loop the 5 minutes of arrrghhh! for 2 hours before it becomes as scary as /b/ to a newfag.
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:36 am

yeah, maybe it's boring for those who like gross-out guts and gore galore horrors, but meh - the before mentioned don't do anything for me, I like it to be more subtle.
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:16 pm

canterella wrote:yeah, maybe it's boring for those who like gross-out guts and gore galore horrors, but meh - the before mentioned don't do anything for me, I like it to be more subtle.

I prefer horror films where one doesn't get scared from watching the film, but has a sudden and uncontrollable shit-scared episode several hours afterwards when they do something regular.
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 pm

canterella wrote:yeah, maybe it's boring for those who like gross-out guts and gore galore horrors, but meh - the before mentioned don't do anything for me, I like it to be more subtle.

I too like movies that use creativity to scare it's audience as opposed to how much gore and blood a movie can use. I don't think Open Water is all that great or scary. The Blair Witch Project (first time around) was far more exhilarating... and that's saying something

Rag_Bag
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Rag_Bag on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:42 am

master5o1 wrote:

I prefer horror films where one doesn't get scared from watching the film, but has a sudden and uncontrollable shit-scared episode several hours afterwards when they do something regular.

The Mothman Prophecies did that for me
    Donkeycheese
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Donkeycheese on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:56 am

the scariest thing about Open Water is how they filmed it - to get a shot of sharks swimming from left to right, they dragged some raw bleeding meat from left to right. And then, they threw the actors into the water - there was a couple of times they had to get the actors out f the water as the sharks were getting a bit frisky, but once they calmed down, they got back in.

MENTAL

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:14 pm