The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

I'm a nark!

Wizz
    Nymph
    Nymph

I'm a nark!

Post  Wizz on Sun May 31, 2009 6:07 pm

I said I'd never do it but I just narked on alan111 for his comments in SC forum. He told woody to go and fuck herself because she suggested that he could expand his vocabulary. He called Waireka a bitch a few weeks ago and he doesn't seem to receive any consequences while others are banned merely for displaying a modicum of intelligence.

Ah...I feel better now. I am purged. scratch
    Jesus Christ
    Nymph
    Nymph

Re: I'm a nark!

Post  Jesus Christ on Sun May 31, 2009 6:21 pm

As much as I am dismayed at the hypocrisy of the faceless Moderators, I am ashamed of you on this one, Wizz.

It is good, however, that you've faced up to the reality of what you've done.
    Wizz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Wizz on Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Sorry Jesus. I am glad that YOU have received my confession.

Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz on Sun May 31, 2009 8:10 pm

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jesus Christ
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Jesus Christ on Sun May 31, 2009 8:26 pm

I don't think narking is the solution.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Trust Jesus to preach peace, but even though I respect Smile City's right to ban users who don't stack up, I don't think it benefits any of us to get people banned for things we're not actually strictly bothered by, just because the Moderators are so overtly hypocritical.
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 on Sun May 31, 2009 9:58 pm

"Forgive me father for I have sinned."

Diaz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Diaz on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:48 am

Blank

Last edited by Diaz on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wizz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Wizz on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:38 pm

It does go against my principles and I have chastised others for squealing to admin so it does not sit well with me. I also believe that alan probably lacks the cognitive ability to engage in debate. That is probably why he lashes out as he does. Still... he's mean and nasty. I would never nark on the likes of fishman even though some of his comments infuriate the hell out of me. He is sadly misguided but I don't believe he's truly malicious.

There is a principle at stake here and a larger issue that needs to be addressed. There is a list of quite specific rules for the SC forum. I have breached these rules on several occasions and never been warned,let alone banned. Obviously I have never pissed anyone off enough to have them nark on me (or not often enough anyway). My point is, that we are lead to believe that there is one system in place when in fact, those are not the real rules. The true rules seem to be that if somebody squawks about you, you are banned whether you have breached the rules or not.

If alan is to be the sacrificial lamb (more like the great fatted calf) of my narking experiment then so be it.
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Nothing wrong with that Wizz. The mods and admin have double standards, and the nark button is there to let them know that they are not doing their work properly.
    The true rule seems to be that if you're chummy enough with certain mod/s, even if you behave badly you will be let off lightly if no one complains. So as much as it is a hateful thing, in some instances the nark button can be most useful too.
    woody67
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  woody67 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Hey wizz...I seriously thought about narking on him a few times...more because of his inability to debate etc and with some posters on sc you can, I believe, FEEL the venom across cyberspace!....he has become a target tho for many of us if the truth be known lol I was going to say he is nothing but scum....but thought a sewer dwelling shit eater sounded better...your thoughts? lol
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:33 pm

Idiots deserve to be narked upon.
    Wizz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Wizz on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Indeed Woody, he seems to be without redeeming qualities and full of bile. I did post a thread in contro, telling him that I'd reported him and why. That thread has been deleted. I'm not sure whether it's because I questioned why the moderators hadn't dealt with him or because I quoted his offensive posts. If it was for the latter, then well and good (his nasty post to you has also been deleted) because it was a direct breach of the rules. To date I haven't received a reply from admin'.

Thanks Diaz and Canterella. There does seem to be some nepotism happening in mod land. It ain't right.
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  superarmy on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:57 pm

This is why SC needs an appeals method and criteria based reporting....
    Waireka
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Waireka on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:44 pm

I enjoy his presence in SC.

SC would be shit boring if there wasn't idiots to engage with.
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Waireka wrote:I enjoy his presence in SC.

What? There are still too many idiots there to actually make it interesting. It's just that the ones banned are the more interesting idiots.
    Psalter
    River-God
    River-God

Post  Psalter on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:51 pm

master5o1 wrote:

What? There are still too many idiots there to actually make it interesting. It's just that the ones banned are the more interesting idiots.

[foghorn leghorn voice]I say, I say, boy... I resemble that remark [/foghorn leghorn voice]
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Psalter wrote:
    master5o1 wrote:

[foghorn leghorn voice]I say, I say, boy... I resemble that remark [/foghorn leghorn voice]

But Sir, It was only an opinion, sir.
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  superarmy on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:59 pm

master5o1 wrote:
    Psalter wrote:
    master5o1 wrote:

Your opinion is wrong.
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:12 pm

superarmy wrote:
    master5o1 wrote:
    Psalter wrote:
    master5o1 wrote:

Your opinion is wrong.

No u.
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:48 pm

It would be boring and mundane if there was no sense of stupidity in there. How are people to know how intelligent they are/maybe when there is no lower comparison?
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:57 pm

Summoner wrote:It would be boring and mundane if there was no sense of stupidity in there. How are people to know how intelligent they are/maybe when there is no lower comparison?

Dingos.
    Wizz
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Wizz on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:39 pm

alan111 is too far off the bottom of the stupidity radar for comparison. Turtle or ashburton nonuts would rate as genius on that scale.

Waireka, you are turning your other cheek to alan which is most admirable. Jesus is proud of you I'm sure.

I would feel more indulgent towards him myself if he had been censured for his abusive posts. It's really more about the piss poor moderation than Mr 'I hate scum'.
    canterella
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  canterella on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Waireka, you are turning your other cheek to alan which is most admirable. Jesus is proud of you I'm sure.

nah she does that just because he said she's hot Laughing

but yeah Wizz, I agree that it is about poor moderation, not about the scum artist.
    Summoner
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Summoner on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

I love the moderation in SC... the more they ban the more toys I get left to play with.
    master5o1
    Cyclopes
    Cyclopes

Post  master5o1 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Summoner wrote:I love the moderation in SC... the more they ban the more toys I get left to play with.

I play with lego when I get banned.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:15 am